UK schools spend over £2bn per year on covering short term absences with supply teachers. The current model is exclusively reliant on agencies that charge a massive commission and are terribly inefficient — everything is paper and phone-call based.
We are consolidating this analogue, fragmented, and inefficient marketplace onto a digital platform. In the process we’ll pull hundreds of millions of waste out of the education system and have a huge positive impact on teachers and schools.
We are well-funded by high-profile investors, have had significant early traction, and are led by start-up veterans behind two of London’s most prominent tech companies.
Your chance to make a difference
This is your chance to join a tech startup on the ground floor. As an early employee you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning.
What we are looking for
- Experience with ReactJS and good understanding of APIs is a plus
- Experience using memory-data stores such as Redis and background workers such as Sidekiq
- Strong bias to test-driven development & automation as well as experience with Git or other similar version control systems
- Knowledge of deploying to and managing cloud environments like Heroku is a plus
- Top performer that wants to be part of a high-performing, motivated team
- Growth mindset — dedicated to growing your skills as a professional
- Passion for companies that have a positive social impact and the education sector
What's in it for you?
- Work that you want to talk about
- Competitive salary
- Share in the company’s success — significant stock options
- 25 days of holiday
- Convenient Central London office
- Ambitious, high-impact mission to dedicate your time to with a tight-knight, fun-loving team
How to apply
Email a CV and 1 paragraph on why you would be a great fit to [email protected]
Salary range £35,000 — 65,000
Competitive salary and significant ownership in the company based on experience
More like this
- Front-end Designer at Helical Levity
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Junior Data Engineer at Rotageek
- CTO / Lead Software Engineer at HyBird
- iOS Developer at unrd
- Senior PHP Software Engineer at Paddle
- Engineering Lead at AtomInvest
- Software Engineers for The Bakery Start Programme at The Bakery
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Business Analyst at AltViz