Alterest is a becoming a crucial part of the lending markets. We make cutting-edge analytical products that provide deep insights for participants in frontier lending markets. The world of credit has been rapidly evolving over the past decade and so is the world of data. With a new-age, innovative, cloud-based loan-analytics platform for capital providers and loan originators alike, Alterest forms the nexus of both those worlds.
- We enable customers to manage multi-billion dollar operations on a seamless end-to-end platform that leverages innovative designs and AI/machine learning.
- We bring together industry data and make it easily available to provide ultimate transparency within the market.
- We enable market participants to collaborate on large volumes of data securely and effortlessly.
We are currently seeking a hands-on, senior developer, to be located remotely in EU/UK (GMT +/- 2hrs) or in-person in London (where we are based) to lead the development of all technology within the company.
What’s in to for you:
The recent pandemic has highlighted the absolute necessity for tools, like Alterest, that provide transparency, actionable analytics, efficient workflows, and eliminate operational risk, so that market participants can focus on their core business.
This is a senior, hands-on role that provides ownership and rapid growth. Compensation is likely to include a generous employee equity option plan and share of business income as a bonus.
You’ll be responsible for building enterprise financial technology that will make financial markets function significantly better.
- Lead product and system development based on the following primary stack: Node.js, AWS, React.js/Vue.js, Spark, SQL.
- Feel a real sense of achievement from completing and delivering on the product roadmap in less time than you thought possible.
- Get hands-on with a range of technologies and practice a range of disciplines: back-end, front-end, full-stack, dev ops, machine learning, data science, data architecture.
- Be a leader, a doer, and get stuff done. You don’t say “that’s not my job” - you do what it takes to deliver by being hands-on and rallying your team.
- Own the process of agile planning, code reviews, automated testing, and continuous release, and manage deliverables of a distributed team of engineers.
- Strong experience building scalable and extensible production software systems
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field such as Math, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience as a software engineer
- Worked on Agile delivery products and projects
- Experience developing production systems using modern programming languages and design patterns
- Designed, built and implemented complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Masters degree in a STEM field, such as Math, Computer Science, Engineering
- Experience building in cloud environments. AWS knowledge is preferred
- Experience in databases, data engineering, data architecture, and data science with using one or more large-scale storage, processing and retrieval systems and you are aware of how to deploy systems to run heavy machine learning models
- Demonstrated passion for learning and self-improvement
- Experience collaborating with customers to gather requirements and feedback
- Experience designing and implementing clean APIs following RESTful concepts and/or using GraphQL
- Familiarity with solution architecture especially designing solutions to complex problems that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable
Salary range £40,000 — 60,000
equity options and lead position depending on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Frontend Engineer at causaLens
- Front end developer (London based) at LedgerComm
- Full Stack Developer at Route Reports
- Product Design Architect at Deep Consulting Solutions
- Backend Developer at mavis
- Market Executive (Brand Partnerships) with German at Sweatcoin
- Full Stack Engineer at Skim It Ltd
- 😁 Operations Executive at Beam
- Frontend Web Developer (Shopify) at We Make Websites
- Co-Founder at TOAD.ai