We are looking for a Lead Blockchain Engineer who envisions a world where blockchain and decentralized technologies play a pivotal role in transforming society. Our Asset Management and Digital Wills products are inspired by Blockchain technology and creative innovative solutions, platforms and infrastructure add-ins to enable differentiated concepts and use cases. These technologies will use cryptographic protocols and distributed storage techniques enabled by leading Blockchain stacks. Deep experience with languages and libraries such as React, Node.js, Go and Python is essential for this role.
Explore a variety of Blockchain technologies and lead the development of leading edge crypto systems. Apply Blockchain technology for different verticals and use cases to build niche platforms and solutions.
Our Lead Developer plays an important role in leading these projects to success. Curious what makes a Lead Developer within AssetVault? A lead is:
- Often the day-to-day primary point of contact with our clients
- Able to strategically lead a project team to successful delivery
- You will be excited to coach, mentor, influence and lead a team of AssetVault employees as well as engage and advise clients.
- An expert still willing and able to dive into the code
- Owner of the technical recommendations to the client - both on technology/tool choices as well as architecture
We believe that to flourish as a Lead Developer here, you have the following competencies: Technical Skills
- Core blockchain concepts. Blockchain is a new field of technology that is rapidly evolving. If you are not yet fully immersed in the technology, you should be willing to dive deep down the rabbit hole. Therefore, it would be beneficial (but not a mandatory requirement) if you already have experience or awareness of Ethereum, Solidity, Bytecode, Truffle, Infura, Geth, Parity, Quorum, or other blockchain platforms and technologies.
- Architecture. You should be comfortable working with your team to craft a design: choosing the appropriate technology and designing a solution that both answers the problem at hand, and stays within constraints.
- Coding. Our Leads never go post-technical. We think that it’s important for technical leadership to continue to code. Our clients don’t all work in one language or platform, and neither do we. As a Lead Developer, we’re looking for a breadth of experience in multiple languages, and proven expertise in one or two:
- You should also be up to speed on practices like DevOps, TDD, continuous integration, pairing, and infrastructure automation.
- Cloud deployments. Experience building for deployments to AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. using Docker would be helpful. If you're also comfortable with distributed systems and technologies, great!
- Full development lifecycle and delivery. Understanding and often playing a major part in the entire cycle of software development and delivery, from ideation, to project conception, to UX, to code, to testing, to deployment, and around again.
- Agile. We believe strongly in agile delivery practices, having implemented them for ourselves and our clients to great success. As well as having previous experience of managing software development teams, you should be very comfortable working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Coaching and mentoring. As an experienced team manager, you will be naturally inclined to share knowledge with others to bring them up to speed on new languages and skills. We all learn from each other, but with the breadth of technical experience you’ll bring to the table, you’ll be an invaluable teacher to your less-experienced peers.
- Thinking big and acting fast. You’ll need a startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage competing priorities, that you’re ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly, and that you understand the role you and your team play in major organizations’ tech strategies.
- Influencing skills & prioritisation. This goes for both the team and the client. You understand both the business problem and the technical solution, and you’re able to advocate for excellence and effect change when necessary.
- Finesse. As visionaries, we navigate within our client’s organizations to influence big decision makers and win trust. In this job, you’ll be using your people skills as much as your coding skills. Managing client expectations and ensuring the team meets deadlines is critical.
- Subject Matter Expert. Be able to participate in a sales pitch while providing the rest of the sales team with a strong understanding of the proposed target solution.
- Open minded and flexible. Your role as a Lead Developer won't be set in stone, so it's vital that you enjoy change and you're willing to experience new ways of thinking and working with the AssetVault team.
And here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like AssetVault:
- The forefront of a revolution. At AssetVault we fundamentally believe that the next generation of technologies presents an opportunity for people to take part in a financial and economic revolution to greater financial freedoms. We believe that there is an opportunity to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind.
- A dynamic startup environment. AssetVault is a leader in the Digital Asset/Tokenization blockchain space. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. AssetVault is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
- AssetVault made it through the FCA sandbox and is now an FCA regulated company.
A few important things to know
- Travel is required. Projects may be on customer sites, so our blockchain developers need to be flexible and up for extensive travel. We do our best to take people’s personal situations into account, but we know it’s not for everyone.
- Residing near our European HQ in London is required. We currently work between offices in Regent’s Park and Shoreditch
- BYOD Company. We are a ‘bring your own device’ company.
- Fintech Company. Financial services experience is a huge advantage.
Salary range £30,000 — 50,000
There will be a fixed base and a performance bonus!
More like this
- CTO at TAIA
- Senior Digital Marketer at Streamr
- WordPress Developer at Wholegrain Digital
- VP of Engineering at OneFi
- Data Engineer at Rotageek
- Technical Sales Specialist Intern at Aurity Ltd
- Product Manager at Skin Analytics
- Senior Software Engineer/Technical + Team Lead at Hiver
- Solutions Consultant at We Make Websites
- Lead Front-End Developer at Unmortgage