CAST helps people use digital for social good. We're on a mission to create a more responsive, resilient and digitally-enabled social sector by supporting nonprofits to embed digital and design across their services, strategy and governance and working with sector leaders, funders and government to make this happen.
CAST is a six-year old charity made up of incredibly dedicated designers, technologists, activists and entrepreneurs. Collectively we have deep experience and a great reputation across charity and civil society, design, digital and innovation. The past year has proven how vital digital is to charities, and with it, how important CAST’s work and mission.
This role will play a critical role in driving social sector change by building digital tools and infrastructure that help tens of thousands of charities to better use digital themselves to tackle social issues.
We are keen to welcome someone with a proven track record of building valuable and well used digital products, who's looking to have a positive social impact with their work.
What You'll Achieve
You'll form an integral part of our team, working alongside our Head of Technology, Head of Product, programme managers and service designers. Together you'll work with all areas of the organisation from research to service design, marketing to customer support, in order to build the most impactful products. You'll be involved in scoping of projects as well as design sprints to come up with feature ideas. Once the build starts, you'll be responsible for delivering engineering excellence, whilst pragmatically balancing speed, scope and quality to deliver working products quickly. You’ll be a fan of Working in the Open, of Open Source and Open Data standards.
- Build digital tools and infrastructure which help charities to confidently use digital tools and processes to achieve their charitable objectives.
- Be responsible for and lead the way on the most challenging technical aspects of our products.
- Establish and uphold software development best practice for the team
- At least three years of experience in software development roles (or equivalent track record) and an understanding of how to build production systems.
- Experience building digital products used by real users.
- A good understanding of the web platform as a whole and awareness of front-end and back-end best practices.
- Strong understanding of cloud hosting, including AWS and Heroku, with knowledge of both serverless and instance based cloud computing.
- Understanding of datastores, including databases and NoSQL.
- Experience with integrating with SaaS products via APIs.
- You're experienced in planning and working on software projects: managing stakeholders while delivering projects on time using Agile methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships.
- Self-confidence and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- A desire to learn and develop.
- Working knowledge of the product development process, and experience of what it takes to deliver valuable products.
- Experience of scaling digital products.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary product team.
- Experience of working with the charitable sector.
Salary range £45,000 — 45,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior DevOps Engineer at Mattermost
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Product Designer at Encore
- Engineering Manager at Automata
- Client facing Frontend Developer at Day Digital
- Head of Sales at inploi
- Marketing Manager at Playter
- Engineering Manager at Splyt
- Developer Relations Advocate at deBridge