We’re Ratio. We make software and websites. Our main thing is building price comparison technology for the personal finance market. We also run a price comparison website called Choose Wisely. And, we’re incubating something new.
We believe in simplicity, intuitive design, learning new things, bacon, fonts, family, personalisation, leopard print, gaffer tape, ergonomics, new technology, cake, fluorescent colours, functional aesthetics, pink (a lot of pink), sunsets, minimalism, getting messy, beards, new shoes, working hard, messing about, ASOS deliveries, Sunday roasts, bright red lipstick, WD40, opening experiences, whiteboards, spinning, Post-it notes, real time dashboards, and acoustic covers of powerful pop songs.
One of our engineers is leaving to go travelling in a few months and we’re looking for a talented Full Stack Software Developer to replace him.
Engineering at Ratio
You’ll work from our studio, situated in the heart of Bournemouth’s business district. You’ll be part of a 12-person product team comprising engineers, designers and product people. You’ll work on conceiving and building technical solutions to real life problems experienced by the tens of thousands of consumers who use our products each day. Our engineering principles give a good feel for how we work together and what we value.
You’ll iterate on ideas that need validating and scale those that have been proven. You'll chip-in to repay technical debt now and again too. Your Mondays won’t suck. Your Fridays will feel well-earned.
You’ll fit in really well if you...
• want to build things which are genuinely useful to end users, using contemporary technologies
• care about the quality of things you build and use automated testing to keep quality high
• are curious about new technologies and pragmatic about getting things done
• want to be part of a team who have a desire to learn and improve
• want to contribute to a strong engineering culture
Backend: MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Node, Redis, PostgreSQL
Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Linux
Frontend: React, Redux, Laravel
Languages: Go, PHP
Your birthday off
08:00 - 16:00 working day
Collaborative working environment
Free breakfast, cake, bacon, beer, gin, wine
MacBooks, monitors, quality chairs, and whatever else you need to get your job done
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
More like this
- Engineering Manager at Farewill
- Full Stack Mobile Developer at OurPath
- Success Coach at Expensify
- Chief Technology Officer at Ratio
- Business Development Lead at Create + Adapt
- Creative Developer at Founders Factory
- Full Stack Developer at Lexoo
- Customer Success Associate at OurPath
- Head of Design at OurPath