Full Stack Software Engineer at Mendelian Health
Solving rare and hard to diagnose diseases
Mendelian Health is a digital health company based in London (currently remote) building technologies to accelerate the diagnosis of patients with rare and hard to diagnose diseases. Our team of clinicians, data scientists and software engineers are tackling the most complicated diagnoses on a national and global scale.
Rare diseases (all 7,000 known types combined) affect over 350M people and take on average 7 years to diagnose in clinics.
Mendelian software is used by the NHS and hundreds of thousands of patients are now benefiting from our technology, which has attracted acclaim from top researchers and clinical doctors in the field.
Who We Are
Mendelian is a round table of physicians and data scientists. We hold weekly sprints to prioritise work at a company level. Technical staff work alongside practising doctors and medical staff get down and dirty with the code. We go on annual retreats and are flexible around working hours.
We make working in health feel modern, boast membership to a great co-working space, and, on Thursdays, take turns making a surprisingly high quality (virtual) lunch or quizlets/trivia.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and have an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Our mission is to help doctors diagnose rare disease patients faster.
Faster diagnosis is key to the future of the NHS and healthcare abroad, from improving the lives of chronically sick people to reducing inefficiencies in overburdened hospitals. We are deploying early detection systems for rare diseases, some of the most difficult and protracted diagnoses for doctors to make.
We believe that delayed diagnosis is an information challenge and that technological innovation is central to achieving our mission. Founded by computer scientists, we've held our technology to high standards from the beginning.
If you want to learn more about our mission, and about how rare diseases aren't that rare at all, then check out our publication [Why we do what we do](https://www.mendelian.co/blog/why-we-do-what-we-do).
We've successfully deployed our solution into clinics, scanning and reviewing hundreds of thousands of electronic medical records for symptoms of rare disease. Over the next year we need to scale up our systems and processes in order to process millions more. We're hiring another software engineer as we need more skilled hands and expertise in order to achieve this goal.
- Building AI assisted clinical tools for our in-house clinical team.
- Creating data pipelines to add new data sources.
- Integrating with third-party health care systems.
- Empowering our data scientists and health economists with knowledge, data and tooling.
- Encouraging good software development processes and practices.
- Data pipelines written in Python.
- Backend APIs written in Python and Go.
- Data stored in PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and high performance networked file systems.
- Systems developed, tested and deployed with Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins.
- Cloud infrastructure hosted on AWS, provisioned with Terraform, monitored with ELK and administered with Samba.
Come help us turn data into diagnoses for the 1 in 17 people that suffer from a rare disease.
- Great practical knowledge of software engineering.
- Experience with Git.
- Familiarity with the rest of our stack.
- Experience fully owning a project, from gathering requirements through to deployment.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Available for a permanent on-site position.
- Location: London (Remote during Covid19)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Job type: Full-time
- Meaningful equity package
- Visa sponsorship is not available.
- We do not work with recruiters
Salary range £60,000 — 80,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Customer Service Operations intern at Amazon
- Senior PHP Developer at Ticket Tailor
- Full-stack Software Engineer at Otta
- Sales Executive at simonbarry.tv
- Business Development Executive at Metadvice
- Senior UX Researcher at HYD Agency
- Sales Development Representative - FinTech at Kandidate
- Account Executive | PropTech at Kandidate
- Head of Sales | FinTech at Kandidate
- Head of Engineering at Harper