A little about us
Founders Pledge is a new initiative through which technology entrepreneurs commit to donate 2% or more of their personal proceeds to high-impact charities following an exit (sale of their business).
As a registered charity in the UK and the US, it’s Founders Pledge’ mission to strip down the barriers to charitable giving, making it easy for technology entrepreneurs to give back to society. Since launching in June 2015, the pledge has grown massively from 30 to 520 members across the UK, US and EU, with a fund valued at over $138 million.
Founders Pledge wants to commit $1 billion to charitable causes by the end of 2017. You would be joining to support the founding team in our next critical stage of growth: expansion into mainland Europe and the US!
What you'll be responsible for
You’re going to have complete ownership of our website, including extensive future development, general maintenance, and supreme awesomification. You’ll need to be pretty well rounded in both database management and front-end design.
On the front end
While our site is already “designed”, we consider it a continually improving project. You’ll work with the team to develop and implement design changes to maximise our user engagement. You'll have to tweak what we have as well as generate new design.
On the back end
Looks are important, but functionality even more so. You’ll work to transform our database from mere information into a beautiful machine that helps us track all of our members and their companies. If we had to weight the two, back-end excellence is paramount.
What we'd like to see
We want an ambitious self-starter who is looking to grow within a fast-paced startup environment. If the points below sound like you, we’d love for you to apply.
- Educated to degree level with a 2:1 or higher (possible exception for stellar portfolio-based candidates)
- Previous experience (3+ years preferred) working as an all rounder in a small team.
- Experience working with tech startups and effective nonprofits is a bonus.
- CSS (SCSS a bonus)
- Ruby on Rails
- APIs (we use Contentful & Hellosign currently) *important*
- have a natural affinity and appreciation for using industry best practices (Test-driven development, 12-factor applications, Codeclimate, etc.) *very important*
- have a good sense of when little details need to be fixed (a.k.a. mild OCD)
- say "I can figure out how to do that" instead of "I can't do that"
- are passionate about social impact and thinking strategically about how to do the most good.
- get excited about technology startups and high growth organisations.
- are entrepreneurial, taking initiative to seek out and develop new projects and ideas - and prove that they are worth it.
- can prioritise and manage tasks effectively to reduce fluff (80/20 your workload).
- are eager to learn and love pushing your limits
Start date: Oct 17th, 2016 (or as soon thereafter as possible)
Length: Full time, 3 months probation period.
Usual Hours: 9.30am - 6pm (40 hours/week and flexible)
Phone Interview: Before October 7th. Will contact to schedule.
Onsite interview: Central London, October 10 - 15. Will schedule following phone interview.
Must be eligible to work permanently in the UK – office located in central London.
(Can discuss remote work for fantastic candidates)
**No Agencies, Please**
More like this
- Full Stack Web Developer at VERIFY MY AGE
- Quality Assurance Engineer at VERIFY MY AGE
- General Manager at VERIFY MY AGE
- VP Business Development at VERIFY MY AGE
- VP Product at VERIFY MY AGE
- Business Development Executive at VERIFY MY AGE
- QA Engineer at ContentCal
- Full stack developer at Dark Blue
- Producer /Data journalist at infogr8
- Intern at NG Launchpad