Fund Operations Analyst
EF is Europe's leading early-stage investor in deep technology companies. We help Europe's most talented individuals to build high growth technology companies from scratch.
Over the last four years, we’ve built more than 75 startups, which are collectively worth over $500m.
We’re growing fast and have recently raised our second fund. To support the scaling of the business, we’re building out our Finance & Operations team, which is responsible for managing a breadth of processes, from financial accounting and management, to compliance, investor reporting and HR.
The Fund Operational Analyst will be an integral part of the Finance & Operations function, and will enjoy a broad range of assignments and responsibilities, coupled with the opportunity to learn about - and experience first-hand - the workings and growth of a globally unique company builder.
What you'll do:
1) Fund Operations
- Manage tracking of our investment portfolio, including calculating portfolio value, and ensuring that documentation is filed
- Collaborate with the Fund Performance team to regularly review performance of the Fund.
- Work closely with our fund administrators (third party) to draw down funds from investors and produce reports to investors for our three funds (on a quarterly basis).
- Support our fund auditors (third party) to produce annual accounts for our three funds.
- Liaise with the Programme team to ensure stipends and investment payments are executed in a timely manner and recorded
- Apply creative and critical thinking to identify and implement ways of increasing the efficiency of fund
- Support the Head of Operations in submitting Entrepreneur First’s application to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to become a regulated
- Manage day-to-day compliance processes, such as the Conflict of Interest register, ensuring that the organisation is fully compliant with FCA rules and regulations. This will involve liaising with the company’s Executive Officers and Directors and collaborating with our in-house
- Be responsible for the production of monthly and quarterly compliance
Who you are:
- You will be exceptionally pro-active and happy to take decisions independently
- You’re highly organised and thrive off getting things done to a high standard
- You are a high energy individual with a can-do, no-excuses attitude
- You have a strong desire to learn from others and evolve in a business environment
- You are interested in tech entrepreneurship and/or investment into startups and relish the opportunity to learn more about the startup ecosystem
- You want to work as part of a small team, and be surrounded by a buzzing community
- You will have some experience working in a professional environment
What you get:
Salary commensurate with experience.
Above and beyond financial compensation, the benefits of working at EF include:
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship - and changing the paradigm around startup creation - not only in the UK, but globally
- Being part of a buzzing space full of technical founders and being part of a small and fast paced team
- A generous pension contribution
- A 6 week holiday allowance (including the two weeks of Christmas and New Year)
- A book allowance to help us collectively build the EF library and access to our Cycle to Work scheme
If of interest, please apply or email Pan Demetriou ([email protected]) with your CV and an email outlining why you are interested in the job.
Location: London, Bermondsey
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Reports to: Head of Finance & Operations
More like this
- Country Sales Director UK at Starred
- Digital Marketing Manager at Timberlake Consultants
- Growth Marketer at Forward Partners
- Operations & Marketing Executive at Public
- Digital Marketing Manager at Harry's
- Data Analyst at WeFarm
- Head of Sales (UK & Europe) at YourWelcome
- Head of Design at DoctorLink
- Fullstack Python Software Engineer at WeGift
- Head of Marketing at Adaptive Lab