Who We Are
We’re Rassa, and we work with some of the best chefs from around the world to create 90-day online courses that help keen cooks discover and master diverse cuisines. We’re on an ambitious journey to become the world’s largest cooking platform in the next 3 years, and we’re launching our first 3 schools in October covering Filipino, Irish and Israeli cooking.
We’re early in our journey, but we’re already making a dent. We’ve secured some investment, we’re refining our product, and most importantly we’re building on our existing community of cooks before we go live to our first cohort of future chefs.
We want to work with people who match our values. That means we’re looking for ambitious people who bring everything to the table, who are kind, independent thinkers and who put collaboration above competition. Oh, and a love for food is a must - you’ll might be eating Kare Kare one minute, and Doro Wat the next.
You’re community minded, data-driven and experienced working across channels, focused on building an engaged community of passionate cooks from across the world.
In the perfect world, you’ll have at least 3 years experience, but you’re hungry to make your own mark and help build the growth engine that drives the platform forwards from scratch. You’re experienced and confident enough to help shape our growth strategy, but also happy to pitch in at the festivals, events and film shoots.
You’ll be the perfect complement to our design and brand lead who is all about brand positioning, high quality content, and building an engaged audience. Close collaboration is critical to this role - and we want you to be open and transparent in the work that you do. Don’t be afraid to ask questions - there’s no wrong answer here.
Ideally, you’ll have taken part in online MOOCs or better still - in person cooking courses in the past - and you’ll get how we’re addressing the flaws in both.
Role and responsibilities
- Design and develop a growth strategy that combines a combination of online and offline channels
- Drive acquisition through both paid and organic channels
- Manage relationship with our partners in PR
- Manage existing relationships with influencers and partners
- Develop and grow new emerging channels and opportunities to accelerate growth (e.g. TikTok etc.)
- Work with the whole team to drive product improvements and continuously optimise customer journeys and conversions
- Work with brand and design lead to refine growth strategy
- Work with content team to drive SEO and organic traffic
- Take the lead on in person events (food festivals etc.)
- Update the team on marketing performance weekly
- 3+ years growth/digital marketing experience
- Entrepreneurial, with an enthusiasm for early-stage startups
- In-depth knowledge of SEO factors and key algorithm updates
- Relevant technical skills or knowledge include coding skills, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
- Domain expertise in UI/UX best practices
- Analytical mindset and data-loving is essential
- D2C experience
- Community growth, management or engagement experience
- Passionate about food and cooking
- Experience working in a startup
- Hiring experience for future growth of the company
What We’re Offering You
A salary that’s likely lower than larger companies - but in return real equity, independence, and the opportunity to really shape the future of what we’re building. And on top of that - the opportunity to travel around the world, meeting some of the best chefs alive - and some of the best food you’ll hopefully ever taste! We’re a very diverse team, we care about culture and bringing people together, and people say we’re a pretty fun bunch.
More like this
- Programme / Operations Manager (part remote) at Sigma Labs XYZ
- Marketing Lead at Count
- Sales Lead at Count
- Full-stack Engineer at Count
- Community Lead at Count
- Digital Marketing Consultant at Conversion Rate Experts
- SEO Manager at TodayTix Group
- Teacher - Data & Digital Mindset at Decoded
- Product Manager at Steer73
- Senior Unity Developer at Tales