We are looking for a Growth Manager to join TSR’s Enlitened team, the newly created fast-growth business within The Student Room Group.
Founded in 2001, The Student Room (TSR) is the UK’s largest, most useful and best-loved online student community. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs.
Enlitened delivers continuous improvement to both universities and university students to further deliver on our vision of ensuring that students get the best possible support in life.
Enlitened is a transformative global platform that will help students and academic institutions take a radical new approach to improving student engagement and wellbeing. A subject we are extremely passionate about.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building a ground-breaking product that will deliver significant social benefit, using the very latest technologies. You will be amongst the first members of a new fast-growing team, working in a start-up environment.
We have quickly gained momentum and following a very successful pilot will be going live with thousands of students across 5 institutions in August.
We’re a well-resourced team of people who all care deeply about the problem we’re trying to solve. We believe work should be exciting, challenging and meaningful in equal measure. Being a part of our growing team will give you the opportunity to shape our mission and culture as we grow. We’re looking for exceptional people who want to make students’ lives better.
You will work closely with our Product Manager, Designer and Data Analyst to quickly evaluate growth ideas and test outcomes. Growth will be your north star and you’ll stop at nothing to make sure that university students hear the best message about Enlitened to make sure they engage, and keep engaging.
What does success in 6 months look like?
- You will have fully understood the services and apps we have live as well as the feature backlog.
- You will have a full understanding of our users through user testing sessions, analysis of user data and through interactions with users. You’ll also understand the driving motivations behind our university partners and how to use them to get the most out of on-campus activities/communications.
- You will have developed a backlog of ideas that could result in high growth amongst the userbase. You’ll then coordinate building these ideas into the product backlog, or into multi-variant communications testing in a quick and nimble way.
- You’ll maintain a commanding eye on our analytics platforms to better understand users’ behaviour. Your ideas will be evaluated as tests and you’ll take a meticulous approach to finding the truth of how users are engaging.
- You’ll work with our Head of Content and UX/UI Designer to produce beautiful and meaningful content with the intention of driving users to engage more with the app.
- You’ll be living inside ‘Braze’, our marketing platform, and will have established a variety of customer journeys to make sure that users are always getting the best of Enlitened. You’ll also load it up with multi-variant tests to ensure we’re learning as much as possible about what sort of message hits home most with different users.
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast. You will be a team player who knows that we can only be our best if we all support and challenge each other in equal measures. You will love questioning the status quo and be excited by the opportunity to quickly move mountains and help students globally.
You will also need the following experience or outlook:
- You must be an excellent communicator. You’ll be driving messaging to tens of thousands of users – every word will count.
- You must have a good understanding of data. You’ll be using our metrics and analytics platforms to constantly understand users’ behaviour.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate experience of driving growth whether through traditional marketing or more intuitive growth hacks.
- You’ll be a real self-starter. You’re the one driving activity. You’ll have an insatiable thirst for understanding users and driving usage and user growth.
- You’ll constantly be on the hunt for ideas for driving usage and growth. Constantly taking notice of best practice comms and strategies from other leading apps and services.
Working at TSR – Benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
More like this
- Program Director at Nomad Academy
- Back End Developer at EasyPeasy
- Sales Account Manager at Canvas Events
- Front End Engineer at Legl
- User Experience Designer at Waggel
- Growth Lead at InsideOut
- SEO & PPC Specialist at Rock Mission
- Operations Associate at The Wine List
- Senior Product Manager at Onfido