ULTRA IoT is an Internet-of-Things startup building advanced, easy to use development hardware for the IoT industry. Originally founded in Amsterdam, we have been around for almost two years, have completed an accelerator program and are generating revenue through client projects.
We are building a new modular hardware and software system with the latest wireless communication standards to allow for ultra rapid IoT prototyping.
What we’re looking for:
For our London location we are hiring a hardware development intern to work on PCB design, electronics and schematics as well as PCB layouts and assembly, board debugging, embedded programming and product development support.
You will work with the team of three founders, software developers and various freelancers.
You must be a maker at heart - you spend your evenings and weekends tinkering, building new hacks or solving problems with technology. Not only you enjoy making, but also good documentation.
You should be an experienced hackathon attender and be familiar with Techcrunch, Hackster.io, Instructables and the learning sections of Adafruit and Sparkfun.
In addition to our consumer IoT hardware development system you will also work on custom projects for clients like Vodafone, T-Mobile, PostNL and the Municipality of Amsterdam.
From BLE to LoRa, we are looking for someone with the same passion we have about these technologies shaping the future of IoT.
Tech requirements, you must have proficient skills with a minimum of 3:
- Arduino IDE
- Eagle or KiCad
- Fusion360 or Solidworks
- Rapid prototyping skills (3D printing, laser cutting, CNC etc.)
- PCB assembly (SMD components)
- Burning bootloaders, debugging boards and all-round electronics skills
- Enjoy learning (and you can do it quickly!) and coming up with ideas in other aspects than hardware and making, such as design, software, marketing, etc.
- Professional and positive communication
- Able to work well with limited direction and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Holding or currently working towards a degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Prior experience doing hardware development for a technology company
What we offer you:
You will be at the very edge of the IoT revolution. Being part of our small, highly ambitious team means that you will have the opportunity to shape your own future while scaling up the company. You will work in one of the newest accelerator laboratories in London where we have access to a full electronics lab, rapid prototyping facilities such as 3D printers, CNC mills and a pingpong table. We strongly value personal development and innovation, so you will have the freedom to experiment and work on side projects throughout the internship. Your learning curve will be both steep and broad whereby we will support your personal development on an ongoing basis throughout the internship. As a team we love participating in (and winning!) hackathons and we organise IoT Meetups that we ask you to also be a part of.
Compensation and duration:
You will receive a monthly compensation and a contract for six months, full time, starting end of February. If your internship proves satisfactory for both parties, you will get the opportunity to interview for a full time position at the end of the of the internship.
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter including a brief explanation of relevant projects to [email protected]
More like this
- Director of Engineering at 3co, Inc.
- Lead Full Stack Developer - Web/ IOT at Archangel Imaging
- Growth Marketing Lead at Gamar
- Senior Front End Developer (React) at Festicket
- UI/UX Designer at Leika Limited
- React Native Mobile Engineer at Esports Mogul Asia-Pacific
- Senior Developer at SPYSCAPE
- Senior Back End Developer (Python/Django) at Festicket
- Growth Marketing Intern at Gamar
- Junior Sales Executive at Gamar Ltd