Who we are
StoreKit is a retail technology marketplace changing how small business compares and buys in-store technology. We're bringing much needed transparency to a confusing, opaque and often unfriendly industry.
Our mission is to help guide small business owners through the choice and purchase of their critical in-store tech; Point-of-sale software, payment processing, and hardware. We get paid through both direct eCommerce sales and referrals to our software and payment partners.
We're a small and close team of 5, have been profitable from day one (1.5 years ago) without outside investment and with a solid foundation we're now scaling into a higher growth period.
As part of this next phase of expansion we’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Head of Content to drive and grow our content marketing strategy, positioning StoreKit as the canonical resource in the industry.
You’ll own the editorial calendar and create all types of content, from product reviews and comparisons, to thought leadership, customer case studies and eCommerce product copy.
You’ll gain a deep knowledge of the retail tech and payments industry, the products we sell and our customers’ needs so that you can provide insightful, useful content that helps us to gain the trust and attention of businesses across the UK, and beyond.
What your day will involve:
- Creating content! You'll compose, revise and deliver various types of written content.
- Develop promotion strategies for new and existing content across owned and earned media channels.
- Researching and creating world-class long form content on key topics.
- Developing the company's tone and voice, applying it across new and existing content and messaging.
- Supporting other campaign efforts as needed to drive customer acquisition and retention, including email marketing and sales enablement content.
- Hiring and managing freelance writers as and when required.
- Building a framework to analyse, report and improve how content performs and directly affects business performance.
Who You Should be:
- 3-4+ years of content and digital marketing experience, ideally in a B2B tech environment.
- You have a background in Journalism, PR or Communications preferred, especially as an editor for financial or focused digital businesses.
- You have proven writing and storytelling ability, and you can provide writing samples.
- You’re both a prolific writer and a content strategist, who feels equally comfortable writing posts, editing them, developing new content ideas, and figuring out a distribution strategy
- You’ll always look for new ways to approach and resolve challenging situations.
- You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Fascinated by technology and the transformative role it plays in business. You should be able to understand and translate complex technical concepts into clear prose.
- You have experience using a CMS (we mostly use WordPress), Google Analytics and similar other research tools.
- Understand the business side of writing
Great but not essential:
- Industry specific knowledge; You’ve previously written and/or edited content about in-store technology or merchant services.
- Link-building / digital PR experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Attractive compensation package.
- Private health insurance with Vitality.
- Learning & Development annual budget.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Team lunch every Friday.
- Great office in Soho, central London.
- Flat hierarchy and quick decision making process.
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Depending on experience
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Front-end developer at Browser
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Client Success Manager at Inkpath Limited
- Head of Product & Technology at Everpress
- Junior Project Manager at Lattimore and Friends
- Head of Research & Development at ihorizon
- Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps at Arkk Solutions