Head of Europe
ev.energy is a technology company on a mission to decarbonize mobility. ev.energy build software to make electric vehicle charging greener, cheaper and simpler for electric vehicle drivers.
Our business model is to sell licence our software to energy utilities, car manufacturers, and electric vehicle owners. We partner with energy companies such as E.ON, EDF Energy, Igloo Energy, ESB,. American Electric Power and Silicon Valley Clean Energy. to deliver tariffs and products which integrate smartly with electric vehicle and their chargers. We also licence our smart technology to charger manufacturers, and vehicle manufacturers such as Volkswagen.
Over the past 2 years of our existence we’ve grown from 2 co-founders, to a team of 30 people. ev.energy is growing rapidly and are now selling internationally in the USA, UK and Australia. We’re a small and nimble, with a deep understanding of the global energy market and technology.
We have won multiple accelerators, including being named “Best Energy Start-up in the World” by Free Electrons 2019. We were part of Microsoft’s first AI for Good cohort, won the EDF Pulse Innovation Challenge, are part of VW’s accelerator in Germany, and EPRI’s accelerator in the USA.
We are a Certified B Corp™ with offices in London and Palo Alto, and operate as a remote team across the US to serve our growing base of utilities & energy retail clients.
ev.energy are looking for dynamic, passionate, and hard working individual to join us as a Head of Europe, leading the growth of our utility business across Europe.
As the Head of Europe, you will support our continued expansion across Europe. This is a leadership role that encompasses significant responsibility, autonomy, and potential for further growth within the company. Working closely with the CEO, you will:
- Shape a business development team to sell our software as a service products and services across Europe
- Set objectives, strategy and plan the growth of our European business
- Manage the business development pipeline by researching & identifying utilities, and electricity retailers that could realize value from ev.energy’s products, and delivering our sales targets
- Guide the technology team to deliver each deal on budget and to target
- Conduct market research and financial modelling to quantify the value pool(s) that ev.energy’s products could unlock for a given utility, or retailer
- Prepare high-quality presentation materials, organize and lead pitch and scoping meetings with utility and other energy company prospects
- Continuously scan for and respond to requests for proposal (RFPs), leading ev.energy’s efforts to submit high-quality and competitive proposals
- Convert utilities from prospect to client through negotiation and contracting; working closely with the CEO and European Business Development team to support negotiation and contracting efforts for your key accounts
- Work with our customer value, customer success and strategic product teams to support a smooth transition from contract to implementation
- Work with our regulatory advisors to research and track state-level regulatory proceedings, review dockets and submit comments to help support market development
- Identify & work with strategic partners to develop and execute on joint go-to-market efforts and product propositions
- Multiple years of experience selling software to utilities and / or enterprise sales
- Experience of managing a small remote team of business development, sales and technology professionals
- Demonstrable track record of delivering sales targets in enterprise sales
- Familiarity with the electricity and e-mobility landscape in Europe
- Structured thinking delivered with a confident style of communication
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills (Word, PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail and an ability to function effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines
- A can-do attitude and willingness to take on a variety of tasks in response to immediate needs
- Familiarity with software as a service (SaaS) or enterprise software sales and metrics
- Understanding of the technical SaaS sales process, and ability to map customer requirements against capabilities of our software services for clients
- Ability to manage clients through the sales lifecycle from prospecting, sales development, contracting and sales execution
- Technical understanding of SaaS products and deployment methods
- Ability to converse and develop sales opportunities with utilities from key Western European markets
- 5+ years of experience selling software to utilities
- Domain expertise in e-mobility, electricity markets and/or energy management
- Domain expertise in SaaS or enterprise software sales
- Background working in management consulting, a high-growth company, or a similarly fast-paced environment
- Fluency in French, German, Italian and Spanish
We will support you with…
- Flexible working, primarily remotely with budget for your home working setup or an office in a location convenient for you.
- Funded access to conferences, training and meetups
- A shiny new MacBook Pro
- Participation in various employee perks and benefits schemes like cycle to work and discounted cinema tickets.
- Team Week once a quarter where the whole team meets to collaborate, socialise and build connections in person.
If you do not have all of the job requirements, please apply anyway! We would love to hear from all kinds of people and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants from non-traditional backgrounds.
The important details
- Starting: Immediately
- Location: Europe (ideally UK based)
- Compensation: POA; competitive package based on a senior leadership role plus equity options (dependent on experience)
- Annual Leave: 25 days + 1x day/yr of tenure + national holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More like this
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Head of Marketing & Communications at CitizenLab
- Lead Architect at CitizenLab
- Head of Product at Grapevine
- Sales Development Representative at Marvel App
- Head of People and Operations at Fanbytes
- VP Product at Lantum
- Account Manager at Duel