Midrive uses smart tech to make first-time driving and first-time insurance easy, flexible, and affordable.
Our e-commerce marketplace for online lesson booking, digital curriculum, and mobile app based progress tracking tools have helped us quickly become the established leader taking the learn to drive market online. Earlier this year, we took this a step further and launched our own groundbreaking pay as you go hourly insurance product. Rather than being difficult or complicated to sign up, it’s as simple as any other app on your phone.
It’s proving incredibly successful. Recently, we were honoured to be named ‘Digital Business of the Year’ by the Federation of Small Businesses and #19 in the Start-up 100, an annual ranking of the most game-changing and exciting new businesses launched in the last three years.
Based in Shoreditch, London, we are a team of 20 talented and ambitious individuals on a big mission. We have raised £5m to date from a supportive group of corporate and VC investors and over 300,000 learners have gained their independence with us. Learn more at "www.midrive.com":http://www.midrive.com
Reporting to the CEO, Asher Ismail, our Head of Growth will be responsible for developing and executing marketing plans. In practice, the role will be a hybrid of a marketer, a product expert and a data analyst.
The Head of Growth will, first and foremost, be a growth hacker, able to think strategically about approaches, methodologies, indicators, and metrics, and define the relevant growth KPIs, on the one hand; and, on the other, personally deploying all available tools and techniques, using whatever tactics are suitable – and with minimal budget – to drive product adoption and usage. This will include ongoing experimentation and continuous optimisation through testing and tuning.
Effective growth hacking will necessitate a deep understanding of the drivers of engagement and virality within products, and the Head of Growth will work closely with the Head of Product as well as the engineering team to optimise the end-to-end user/customer experience.
The role will also be responsible for the management and utilisation of user/customer data across all user/customer touch points, ensuring that the right infrastructure, systems and people are in place to support effective data-driven decision making. The Head of Growth will infuse data literacy and analytical capacity.
The role is absolutely critical for Midrive – whether or not Midrive is able to reach their full potential in the quickest time possible will be largely down to this individual. This is a career-defining opportunity to; help build a category leader, disrupting incumbents by ideating and delivering on growth-leap initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be…
…an experienced growth hacker with a stellar track record of driving exponential growth in usage and engagement, across multiple markets, for world-renowned internet businesses.
…intelligent, creative, bold and daring, but at the same time highly data-driven and analytical. They will be highly commercial, with a profound understanding of growth metrics and KPIs, and strong instincts for where the greatest gains, at the fastest speed, may be made. They will be an authority in the use of social media and features to drive virality and growth.
…equally comfortable with high-level, strategic thinking, and hands-on implementation, with close attention to detail. He or she will have a strong bias to action, able to work at a very fast pace, and comfortable making quick decisions.
…naturally intellectually curious and unafraid to take risks, willing to try non-traditional approaches to achieve goals relish new challenges and learning new things; and enjoy conducting experiments and testing hypotheses.
…a bold, ambitious and creative individual who genuinely wants to challenge the status quo. They will have no tolerance for mediocrity and will constantly be raising the bar. They will have a collaborative, open style that fosters participation and widespread contribution of ideas.
Summary of Required Experience & Attributes:
- GROWTH MARKETING EXPERIENCE – Will be a highly accomplished and experienced growth hacker, with an exceptional track record of driving user/customer growth and engagement for world-class businesses. It is expected that this person will be hands-on familiar with paid search and social marketing (Google & Facebook in particular).
- PRODUCT SENSIBILITY / APPRECIATION FOR ENGAGING CONSUMER PRODUCTS – Will have a strong understanding of UX, and experience of working hand-in-glove with product management and engineering. Will understand drivers of engagement and virality.
- USER/CUSTOMER INSIGHT EXPERTISE – Will have a highly analytical mindset, with experience of deriving actionable insight from large-scale data sets. Will ideally be skilled in using statistical techniques and tools to model and predict user/customer behaviour.
- BOTH STRATEGIC AND EXECUTION-FOCUSED – Will be able to think ‘big picture’ and take a strategic perspective, but have a strong bias to action, with a hands-on, implementation-oriented approach.
- TEAM LEADERSHIP, RELATIONSHIP AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Will be capable of operating successfully with small teams and able to scale them as needed. Will be an inspiring and engaging communicator and colleague, able to build positive working relationships with ease.
- CULTURE FIT – Entrepreneurial, passionate, friendly, low-ego, collaborative, fast-paced, transparent, creative, challenging, high integrity, down to earth.
At Midrive, we work hard, so that’s why we make sure that we have best facilities to play harder! We have a host of perks: Lovely office with rooftop, Wednesdays treats, Happy Hour Thursdays, team yoga sessions, and training/sharing sessions. We also have regular fun social events – recent adventures have included escape rooms, comedy clubs, and silent discos.
Midrive is simply a great place to work. We have a fantastic team of talented people working on an interesting product they are passionate about, and a friendly and social atmosphere. Add to that share options, competitive salaries, pension plan, and other perks, it’s clear why we’re a top choice.
More like this
- Marketing Manager at We Make Websites
- UX/UI Designer at SuperCarers
- Digital Agency Project Manager / Coordinator at Hallway Studios
- Acquisition Data Analyst at Trussle
- Front-end developer at Cuvva
- Head of Product at W A L L Y G L O B A L
- Product Lead at Plural AI
- Account Executive at Sideways 6
- CEO, Co-founder at Convaio
- Senior Frontend Developer (Vue.js) (£50-60k) at Pollen VC