NextUp Comedy is a subscription video platform for stand-up comedy that showcases and supports the live comedy industry. We film and acquire content from a range of sources, as well as filming our own original full length shows that we showcase to our members. This is a key time for change and growth at NextUp with a significant product upgrade and pivoted member offering launching in January, which will see us digitising comedy clubs and streaming live sets in platform.HEAD OF GROWTH – Role Overview
- Indicative salary – 45-48K p/a 4 day week DOE + the odd extra day, once a month for team days
- Starting January 2021
- Initial fixed term contract of 6 months then rolling contract. (2 Months initial probation period).
We are looking for a Head of Growth to work directly alongside the founders on a day to day basis and closely with all internal teams in order to grow our NextUp subscriber base. You should be willing to get stuck in, with a very ‘hands-on’ approach and work autonomously in a fast-paced, constantly changing startup environment.
Like any start-up, NextUp is driving towards product-channel-market fit and breakeven with scalable growth metrics. We’re supported by investment and therefore have a limited time to achieve the above so require somebody who can test and implement ‘constant, consistent and relentless’ iterations and pivots. We are looking for someone who is unafraid to question long-standing assumptions and underlying models.
Eg: this video
- Manage, lead, define and report on and own the subscriber growth strategy.
- Present and communicate strategy and results to investors and board as well as the wider team.
- Drive towards product-channel-market fit and breakeven with scalable growth metrics.
- Take full responsibility for subscriber growth plans and numbers – drive up subscriber numbers and LTV and driving down CAC and churn.
- Set up, initiate and manage growth initiatives.
- Document and report on initiatives
Set and drive OKRs for Growth based on company direction.
- Have a ‘Growth eye’ on all aspects of the business, making sure that we are maximising for subscriber numbers in every aspect, prioritizing initiatives with the highest potential impact.
- Embody being a fully present and senior member of the team.
- Manage the ‘Paid Ads Agency’ relationship for both prospecting & retargeting advertising campaigns.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience driving growth in a startup environment with a keen eye on product-market-channel fit.
- Proven track record of increasing subscriber acquisition.
- Experience managing and maximising paid ad spend
- Experience running high impact growth initiatives across multiple areas of a business
- A motivated, goal orientated individual with the ability to execute under tight deadlines.
- A creative thinker, able to work within and around limitations of budget and resource.
- Experience in managing and motivating people.
- Excellent communication skills and an open positive attitude to feedback and personal development.
- Fan of live comedy
- Google suite, Slack, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of entertainment / content / video on demand industry
- Understanding of programmatic advertising on social media and ability
- Graduates of the Reforge Training particularly encouraged to apply
- An understanding of the journey required to product-channel-market – it’s markers, roadmap and to be the driving force to get us there.
- Ability to combine an understanding of growth theories and culture, with a dogged determinism to test and assess ideas quickly, efficiently and with team-wide communication.
- Unafraid to challenge growth or market assumptions from the founding team / investors. We’re very much in a bubble, and will value objective analysis.
- Clear and concise presentation skills to deliver pertinent info whilst selling the initiatives internally.
More on NextUp Comedy
NextUp is a small start-up that launched in 2016. Initially comprising just four people, in 2019 we grew to 9 plus freelancers.
The NextUp company culture is one that celebrates individuality, openness, creativity and collaboration, with a strong emphasis on physical and mental wellbeing. We’re ambitious and passionate – balancing tight deadlines and workloads with a positive environment and perspective. We value trust, honesty, ambition and connection and we want people who work here to feel a real sense of agency as well as being fully supported in their roles. Equality and fairness both in the company and in the comedy industry are important to us, and we aim to recognise and reward individual and team achievements big and small.
We’re looking for people who’ll join in with and help drive our vision – to be a brand synonymous with quality stand-up comedy and a true force for good in the industry.
Whilst working for a start-up can be hugely exciting, it’s really important to be aware that there is less job security on offer than there would be working for an established company or multinational.
We’re highly ambitious and we work to a short investment runway so are unable guarantee absolutely that the company will succeed and/or that any role will be secure long-term. As a founding team we will do our utmost to succeed, but also to be transparent regarding potential hiccups.
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Salary range £45,000 — 48,000
More like this
- Senior PHP Developer at Ticket Tailor
- Key Account Manager at Lenus eHealth
- Senior People Data Scientist at People Matter
- Full-Stack Developer at People Matter Technology
- Business Developer at Snowball Creations
- Sales Manager at Hurree
- CRM Email Manager at GetAgent
- Developer Advocate at Quix
- Senior UX Researcher at HYD Agency
- Account Executive | PropTech at Kandidate