ImpactEd is an award-winning social enterprise that exists to help evaluate, understand and improve impact in education.
In our education system, we invest huge amounts of time, money and energy in different programmes and interventions to improve outcomes for pupils. Yet far too often, we don’t know what is working – and what isn’t. We exist to address this evaluation deficit, helping schools and those working with them to better understand what is working to make a difference to the lives of young people. We do this through a combination of hands-on partnership, training and consultancy, and our digital platform which makes monitoring and evaluation quicker, easier and more effective.
Since being founded in 2017, we have grown rapidly. In 2018, we won the Teach First Innovation Award; in 2019, our work was profiled by the Department for Education and we were finalists in the Education Resources Awards. As of 2020, we reach over 60,000 young people and have launched a new partnership with Big Change to support our vision to achieve system-wide change. We are a small, dedicated and growing team committed to maximising social impact: a mix of former teachers, academic researchers and software developers, our work is overseen by a Board with significant experience of social entrepreneurship, third sector leadership and educational improvement.
We work with both schools and other education organisations such as charities and universities (our ‘impact partners’). This role is a newly created leadership position to drive our work supporting impact partners such as CoachBright, Jamie's Farm and SOAS to assess and improve their effectiveness. The Head of Impact Partnerships will define, deliver and refine the strategy for these collaborations: managing partnerships first-hand, leading sales and business development, and ultimately ensuring that this work contributes to directly improving the life chances of young people.
The role involves a mix of hands-on partnership management and leadership responsibilities. For example, you might work on projects such as supporting Oak National Academy to develop their evaluation strategy while delivering over 13 million online lessons during lockdown, or helping Yes Futures to assess the impact of their new approach to supporting young people’s personal development and wellbeing. At the same time, you will have overall strategic responsibility for this area of work, and contribute to organisational direction as part of our leadership team. You will lead business development and, as our partnerships continue to grow, we would be looking for you to build and train a team.
We are looking for a broad skillset to support this ambitious brief. We are open to a range of backgrounds, but real advantages would be: experience and insight into research and evaluation, especially within the UK school system; partnership management expertise; familiarity with leading people and strategy; and an entrepreneurial streak including business development experience. You would be joining a dynamic social enterprise with opportunities for significant development and progression in line with organisational growth.
We welcome both full-time and part-time candidates: we expect that a minimum commitment of around four days per week is likely, but are happy to discuss how we might fit your working pattern. We are keen to encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates, whether by gender, ethnic group, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
We are looking for some of the following attributes, though you might be more experienced in some areas than others:
- Understanding and experience of the UK education system
- Ability to move between strategic thinking and operational delivery and contribute to both
- Experience of external partnership management and ability to build networks and develop our profile
- Research and evaluation experience, ideally in education or youth although we are open to other backgrounds
- Business development, sales and presentation experience, including developing proposals, engaging with senior stakeholders and creating engagement strategies
As well as this, you are likely to be most successful in the role if you:
- Are entrepreneurial and solution-focused: you can think on your feet, and act independently to devise solutions to challenging problems fast, while maintaining high standards
- Communicate clearly and persuasively, both written and verbally. You will be equally happy putting together written proposals, drafting complex responses to difficult questions, and developing relationships
- Are detail-oriented: you would be happy to spend time analysing data or reviewing research papers
- Share our intellectual curiosity and desire to learn rapidly
- Agile and flexible working: responsive management, flexible hours, work from home options
- Personal excellence: we invest significantly in professional development, including an external mentor for every staff member, an individual CPD budget, and formal and informal training and support
- Ownership: we encourage staff to think about how they can benefit the organisation as a whole, regardless of their role, and provide people with the autonomy and support they need to do that effectively
The application deadline is Monday 27th July at 9am. First-round interviews will be held on the 3rd and 4th August. Second-round interviews will be held on the 10th August. Interviews will be conducted remotely. Please note that we will review applications regularly as they come in, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
For further details: see the full job pack at tiny.cc/HIP.
To apply: Email a CV and one page covering letter to [email protected] Please let us know if you would like to arrange a conversation about the role prior to application.
Salary range £38,000 — 47,000
Potential for flexibility dependent on experience and working pattern.
More like this
- Software Engineer – Customer Success at ev.energy
- Full-stack Software Engineer at Otta
- Sales Executive at simonbarry.tv
- Entrepreneurs at Koble
- Full Stack Engineer (m/f/d) at Webgears Group
- Tech Lead at InsideOut
- Product Manager at SH:24
- Senior Full Stack Engineer (Ruby) at SH:24
- Sales Intern at Hardware Pioneers
- Senior full-stack engineer at ETIQ AI