Head of Marketing / Digital Marketing Manager
Location: East London
Salary: £50,000 to £53,000 plus share options
Opendesk is a fast growing technology and design company. We’re an online furniture brand that’s looking to change the way products are designed and made. What’s different about Opendesk furniture is that it’s designed to be distributed as a digital file, downloaded and made locally through a network of digital fabricators - skilled makers with CNC-machining capabilities. Through this model we’re already selling locally-made furniture to a range of workspace customers, from startups and SME’s to established international brands like Nike, Google and General Electric.
To continue our growth we’re looking for an experienced Digital Marketing lead to help us build a world-class marketing function. You’ll need to be able to structure a team and processes for scale, but with the hands-on, practical approach needed in an energetic startup. We’re about to undertake a significant development of the marketing function immediately and we’re looking for someone with outstanding strategic and digital marketing experience and skills.
What would I be working on?
The Head of Marketing role is a key senior role for our business, reporting into the co-CEOs. The strategic imperative of the role is to ensure that we substantially grow our online sales in the next 12 months - while at the same time continuing to build our community, reputation and media exposure through high-quality content marketing.
Having traded for three years, we are on course to double our revenue year-on-year. However, in order to achieve sustained growth and propel our brand and business to the next level, we still need to:
- Develop an effective strategic marketing plan for the long-term
- Validate a scalable Cost Per Acquisition for the business across multiple channels & undertake more rigorous attribution of our leads
- Research and develop effective keywords & SEO & develop PPC and events-marketing campaigns that convert
- Build on and strengthen our brand marketing activities
- Work with our design and content teams and UGC from our community to make the most of our content
- Strengthen our social media following and engagement
What would my responsibilities be?
The key responsibilities of your role as Head of Marketing would be:
- Development & implementation of an overall online marketing strategy - including budget, campaign and content planning in close collaboration with the Product team
- Responsibility for marketing related KPI & metrics, both commercially and amongst key stakeholders
- Nurturing a team - working closely with Marketing colleagues and helping to set targets and manage deliverables.
- Participating in senior management meetings, joining monthly reviews and preparing reports for Board meetings
- Owning Opendesk’s online growth; developing, proposing and implementing growth plans in line with our goals
- Driving marketing processes in terms of strategy & metrics, and implementation in daily operational execution, reporting & communication.
- Researching market trends, competitor-analysis, and detailed planning for market-entry and internationalisation
- Overall responsibility for brand definition, content and development
What experience and skills would I need?
We’re looking for someone with a seasoned track record to lead our Marketing function. You’d need to have:
- Experience in a senior online / digital marketing role, ideally in both larger organisational and start-up contexts – with the latter being the most important.
- 5+ years of relevant experience - ideally across B2C, B2B and marketplace businesses.
- Experience managing a marketing budget, spend and establishing break-even and ROI CPA across multiple channels.
- An understanding of behavioural drivers, able to turn these insights into opportunities for us as a brand and business.
- A hugely hands-on approach, able to hit the ground running, organise team members and delegate effectively.
- Leadership skills: You’ll influence, persuade and inspire; initiate and manage change; motivate and lead by example.
- A marketing or business degree or similar level of qualification.
- Ideally, some experience of the furniture industry and a passion for good design.
Where would I work?
Most of the Opendesk team are based out of our studio in East London (situated along a stretch of Hackney known as the ‘Maker Mile’). Given the seniority of the Head of Marketing role, we’d like you to join us here in London and be based in the office. We feel this is important as you would need to be able to manage a team and work closely with others day to day, including the co-CEO’s.
Who would I be working with?
As a member of Opendesk you’ll be joining a growing team of 17 individuals - passionate makers, designers, coders and content-creators. We’re a multi-disciplinary and diverse team who share common values - between us we speak no less than 10 languages and we are united by a common set of values and all sign up to a shared Charter.
Please note that a full job spec can be found on our website. https://www.opendesk.cc/jobs
Salary range £50,000 — 53,000
PLUS SHARE OPTIONS
More like this
- Marketing and Community Specialist at Makers Academy
- Content Marketing Manager at WhatUsersDo
- Digital Marketing Executive at Evolok
- Acquisition Marketing Manager at Trussle
- Marketing Lead at Homegrown Group UK Ltd
- Marketing & User Research Analyst at Circles
- Marketing Intern at PlanSnap
- Digital Marketing and Content Coordinator at Digital Leaders
- Head of marketing at Beeline
- Content Marketing Manager at The App Business