Steer73 are a Digital Transformation Agency. We work with a wide variety of clients to understand their needs, shape their solutions and deliver their systems. In many cases we are the client’s in-house product, design and development team.
We run as a distributed network of teams, operating out of various locations around the world.The Role
We are looking for a Head of Planning & Delivery to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be a starter / finisher, capable of initiating process improvement and ensuring process adoption for increased delivery efficiency and project productivity. They will be capable of managing the strategic direction of our delivery management team, and they may have set up a PMO previously.
The Head of Planning & Delivery will oversee all company scheduling, be accountable for project planning and the timely and on budget delivery of all projects (internal and external). They will understand and hold competencies in both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies. They will be expected to set up controls and inject rigour into the company’s practice of delivery management.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a digital, collaborative and agile environment. They will have proven experience of successfully leading teams and have had oversight over multiple, large-scale, complex software projects that meet the client’s needs.
This is a key role in our business. The Head of Planning & Delivery must set high standards and create a delivery-management culture that will exist throughout the business.
They will need to demonstrate excellent organisational and stakeholder management skills. This role will be required to work cross-functionally internally to manage delivery and will need to report into the Senior Management team on a regular basis. The ideal candidate must also demonstrate strong client stakeholder experience.Key Tasks
On a typical day you will be responsible for:
- Cross-project delivery management
- Company scheduling
- Medium-term business planning (resource demand)
- Team experience tracking
- Training the team on delivery / project management practice (what good looks like)
- Strategic direction of delivery management approach
- Retro process & output
- Project metrics (burn downs, daily project reports etc.)
- RAID log, project plans, Gantt charts etc.
- Managing client expectations
- Reporting (Insights & Transparency) to the Operations Director
- Ensuring company process adherence
- Championing the effective use of tools
- 2+ years’ experience working as Head of Delivery & Planning or similar role
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Project / Delivery Manager
- Experience working in an agency environment working with software, SaaS or systems development projects
- Clear and effective written, verbal and visual communication skills
- An instinctive understanding of when to focus on detail, and when to step back and look at the bigger picture
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive conversations forward
- Superior organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- Passionate about being self-directed, taking initiative in tackling problems big and small
- A strong belief in continuous improvement
Steer73 is a small company with targets to grow rapidly over the next 3 years. An important factor in our hiring is finding people who share our values and who will thrive in our business. We look for people who want to get things done, are comfortable making decisions, take ownership of their roles and want to progress.
Joining Steer73 offers you an opportunity to work on high-profile, meaningful projects working with clients from a wide range of industries.
Contact us to find out more – [click here]Location
This is a remote based role. No location specified.
More like this
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Shopify / CMS Senior Front-End Developer at Series Eight
- Senior Product Designer (Product Team Lead) at Helical Levity Ltd.
- Head of Marketing at Renude
- Full stack developer at Una Health
- Ios Swift Developer at Reeltime Apps