Head of Product
miDrive is reinventing learner driving and insurance. Frustrated by the poor safety outcomes, high costs, and lack of transparency in the learn to drive industry, miDrive set out to disrupt it.
Based in London, miDrive uses tech and data with a fresh attitude to empower both learners and instructors. Offering the largest marketplace of independent instructors (all fully approved, highest rated in the industry) and mobile-first tools to support learning, miDrive is first time driving as it should be.
Over 300,000 young people in the UK have already gained their independence with miDrive. Having reinvented learning to drive, miDrive’s next set of products focus on reinventing first time insurance.
Founded in 2013, miDrive has raised £5m to date from a respected group of well-connected and supportive investors ‒ including Holiday Extras & Initial Capital. Learn more at midrive.com
Based in Shoreditch, miDrive is seeking a Head of Product to join our team. Reporting to the CEO and being a member of miDrive’s Senior Leadership Team, we are seeking an entrepreneurial, strategic, technical, and hands-on product visionary to drive our web and mobile evolution. miDrive is growing its presence across the UK, but also plans to launch its current product into Europe while introducing additional products which will truly enhance learner driving.
Our ideal candidate will come from a data driven technical background. He or she will have experience working with web and mobile products and may also have some insurance exposure, although this is not required. The ideal candidate will be organised, know how to manage multiple projects and can communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. They will be experienced in agile environments and be equally comfortable creating the product backlog and leading story estimation sessions as they will be stepping into the shoes of our users (instructors, young drivers, even parents) to develop the best experience. We are a collaborative, smart and hardworking team and are excited to welcome this important leader into the company!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own all aspects of the Product function, which includes managing our product and UX/UI team, processes, budgets, vendors, and partners in a fast-paced agile environment
- Drive the continued development and/or evolution of our product portfolio which currently includes our award-winning Theory App, Instructor App, Learner App, and miDrive.com
- Help launch our innovative new Insurance App and future InsurTech products
- Optimise our internal tools
- Use quantitative and qualitative insights using data, customer feedback, to plan and prioritise deliverables
- Evaluate new deliverables and product features with our Senior Leadership Team
- Join forces with the engineering team by conveying clear business and technical objectives, participate in daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and support the end to end processes
- Collaborate with all functions within the company to manage team dependencies
- Help make miDrive the number one app for new drivers and shake up the insurance world
What We’re Looking For
- A degree in Business, Computer Science, Technology, or related area
- 5+ years experience in progressive product and/or technical roles in corporate, consultancy or start-up environments
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a tech startup and/or company with advanced investment in web and mobile product development
- Proven commercial success in scaling web and iOS/android mobile products with a strong understanding of how to take an idea from initial concept through development and execution
- Experience with agile development methodologies and using project management tools (such as Jira and Aha) and a range of analytics tools and applications
- Well-developed leadership to effectively manage, coach, inspire and grow a team
- Strong eye for design (we are in the middle of a complete brand refresh)
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to focus and prioritise with multiple competing deadlines
At miDrive, we believe it’s the people that work here that makes us successful. We are a start-up with big ambitions and we work hard so we want to give our people benefits that they really want. We’re constantly adding to this as new people join but here’s a list of the sorts of things you can expect:
- TGIMonday Breakfasts, Juice Wednesdays, Happy Hour Thursdays
- Fun social events - recent adventures have included escape rooms, comedy clubs, and visits to high up places (e.g. Shard, SkyGarden)
- Regular guest speakers, networking events and ping pong (anytime)
- Free beer, cider and prosecco all on tap!
- Up to 2 weeks unpaid leave per year to pursue personal projects (additional to standard holiday allowance)
- miDrive stock options
More like this
- Performance Marketing Lead at Nested
- CTO / Co-Founder at FaultFixers
- Technical Product Lead at Clevertech
- Backend engineer at Skin Analytics
- Front End Developer at Skin Analytics
- Junior PHP Developer at RED APPLE CREATIVE
- Intern at Car Quids (Strategy, Ops & Marketing) at Car Quids
- Account Manager at Kobas
- Product Designer (UX/UI) at Founders Factory
- Senior Front End Developer at Funding Options