London HQ 🌍New York, Melbourne + Boston | 50-100
Our ‘Why’, ‘How’, and ‘What’
ihorizon is your accounting partner to accelerate your business growth. Gathering years of experience and expertise in scaling tech businesses, and weaving them into impressive and intelligent finance solutions, we specialise in accounting and innovative finance solutions for entrepreneurs and startups in the tech industry.
Our vision is to be the founders choice for startup accounting. How? By providing no-nonsense finance solutions, we share knowledge & innovation across our network, and enable the best of the world’s startups to achieve their own vision.
Our values guide how we work together, define our internal culture, and help us achieve our goals:
Do you want to work in a team of motivated and talented individuals and partner with some of the world’s fastest growing tech startups such as Songkick, Mixcloud, and Patch? We put partnership at the heart of everything we do, that’s why you will interact with founders, financial directors, CFO’s, and office managers right from the start and help businesses grow from within.
As our Head of Research and Development, you’re part of our high performing tax advisory team! The ideal candidate will have a practice background, experience of managing multiple clients and managing the process of filing successful R&D tax credit claims with HMRC.
Key to the role is the ability to prepare R&D claim methodologies, write R&D reports and prepare R&D tax relief calculations for submission to HMRC. Supported by other members of the team you will work directly with an exciting existing and growing client base within the London technology start up ecosystem.
You will be the first point of contact, speak and meet regularly with clients and advise on any technical issues with both clients and HMRC.
You will also have the ability to establish strong client relationships with both existing and new clients, the latter being key to driving forward this key revenue stream of the business.
Manage the overall workflow using our CRM tool, Pipedrive.
This is you
- You’re a qualified ACA/ATT and CTA tax consultant or have equivalent work experience.
- Manage the end-to end R&D process as well as a small team
- Experience of successful R&D tax credit filings with HMRC
- Experience of R&D tax credit claims, EMI schemes and EIS / SEIS tax relief claims.
- Ability to produce and write technical R&D reports
- Ability to prepare R&D tax relief calculations
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
You're interested in
- All things entrepreneurship and startups, check out this inspiring read our friends at Tech Nation recently released: Upscale, the book.
- Helping to build successful businesses in the tech space, using the newest technology on the market and creating innovative finance solutions to accelerate business growth.
- Truly partnering and interacting directly with inspirational founders and high-growth teams.
- Never standing still - you’re learning and growing fast and everyday, personally and professionally, whilst enjoying a fun and vibrant environment.
- Being purpose driven and values based in everything you do.
- Simplicity, humour, and embracing individualism - you want to bring yourself to work.
Working with us means
- Helping some of the fastest growing tech businesses in the world scale up through innovative finance solutions and services.
- Gaining experience first hand - we partner directly with founders and entrepreneurs, take initiative, and solve problems together.
- Being exposed to different areas - we are not just a service function, our clients look to us for advice and guidance on all things accounting and finance.
What we offer
🚀 An opportunity to work with the world’s leading tech startups.
⚖️ Autonomous and flexible work style - 2 WFH d/m and flex start & finish times each day (+-1). We don’t need time sheets to be at our most efficient!
🍕 A fully stocked kitchen for breakfast & lunch.
🎉 Frequent socials including team sports days, retro video game competitions, drinks, and dinners thrown by our very own social committee.
💚 Green Team - environmental catch ups and initiatives.
💻 Tech - all of the latest tools you need to get the job done.
🌟 Personal Development - we’re harnessing a culture of learning and want you to have the chance to become a leader from day 1.
💸 Profit Share - after 1 year service, you’re eligible for our profit share scheme.
💎 Pension plan with a 3% employer contribution.
🌴 20 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), and Xmas eve to NY office closure.
More like this
- Back-end Developer at Rotageek Ltd
- Ruby on Rails Developer (CET - Remote) at Clevertech
- Backend Engineer (Python, Go, AWS) at Citymapper
- Community Partner at Pirate Studios
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Full Stack Developer at Zappar
- Customer Success Associate at OurPath
- Head of Design at OurPath
- Marketing Manager at Zen Educate
- Engineering Manager at Farewill