Debate Mate Online is looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join the team in a permanent role. They will leverage Debate Mate’s excellent existing brand equity, build Debate Mate Online’s sales team and be responsible for driving the product line to becoming the most impressive and widely used online CPD resource base for international schools globally.
The role’s performance will be incentivized greatly with a rewarding commission structure.
This is a fantastic role for someone looking to make their mark and change the world.
ABOUT DEBATE MATE & DEBATE MATE ONLINE
Debate Mate has been a pioneer in driving social mobility for the last decade. The charity’s highly commended programmes work in schools located in areas of high child poverty to deliver 21st Century Skills training to young people. Through running fun and engaging debating clubs, Debate Mate has removed the elitist nature of debating and made it cool. The result is young people who are confident; good communicators; strong in teams and able to think critically and creatively.
Debate Mate Online is an exciting, investment backed spin-off company. Debate Mate Online will take the very best from Debate Mate’s curriculum and programmes, making it available to a much wider audience internationally through our best-in-class online learning platform.
· Full time
· Mid-late March Start
· London, Southwark
· International Travel for Sales
[Year 1] £45,000 Basic. £75,000 OTE (Uncapped) + potential for Employee Stock Options
Following year 1, given performance, the opportunity for increasing both basic and OTE will be considerable.
As Head of Sales, you will be expected to:
· Develop the positioning of the online product and iterate to a point you’re secure that it’s being sold in the most powerful way;
· Establish a robust sales process and pipeline management system;
· Build a valuable pipeline of international school clients;
· Attend international sales meetings with both international school chains and other high-value leads;
· Meet sales targets and in time set sales targets for your team;
· Maintain outstanding relationships with your customers and support their success with the platform;
· Create, in time, a lead-gen system for driving higher numbers of sales leads to your team;
· Develop and deliver a strategy to secure new sales leads through, for example, attending international school group conferences;
· Recruit and grow the sales team (including establishment of sales management processes and building the team’s culture);
· Report on pipeline value and deal progress to the rest of the management team.
· You will ensure the success of a product which delivers very needed key 21st Century Skills to young people and adults. This is a meaningful venture – companies and the education system are crying out for these skills around the world;
· Your commission will be based on revenue generated. Initially it will be unlimited – perform outstandingly well and there is no salary cap. There is the potential for this to continue in the long term too;
· Become part of committed and dynamic team. We are looking for someone who will be excited to join a fast-growing company and contribute to its continued success over many years;
· Influence the company’s direction. You will become a core part of the management team and be responsible for building a team of your own;
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Highly motivated to reach and exceed personal and team targets;
· Strong sales track record and experience in providing excellent customer relationship management;
· Very personable and resilient;
· Strong communication skills – both written and over the phone and a keen attention to detail;
· Strong team management skills with an emphasis on providing motivation, strategies to scale sales and leading sales through organised pipeline management;
· (Preferred) Experience in selling to the international school’s market with an understanding of purchasing dynamics;
We can only accept applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK.
Salary range £45,000 — 85,000
Commission based, uncapped.
More like this
- E-commerce Sales Representative Internship at SuperBath
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Trussle
- Software engineer (all levels) at Trussle
- Online Marketing - Graphic Design Internship at SuperBath
- Real Estate Analyst Intern at BrickVest
- Node.JS / Full stack developer at SAM labs
- Data Lead at Plural AI
- Senior Software Engineer at Everpress
- Marketing Manager at We Make Websites
- Programme Manager at Sport Tech Hub