District recently closed a round with top investors and now looking for a Head of Engineering based in London. Join us at the beginning of our journey, and be one of the main actors in shaping it.
If you have a 3-6 years of experience, are ready to grow fast in the role, and are passionate about scalable and agile software development, this is for you. The team comes from some of the most successful companies ever (Uber, WeWork, Rocket Internet, Interchange, Factory, BCG Digital Ventures).
District designs and builds software for smart cities: through a pioneering platform, we connects users to what they love around them; improving communities, sustainability, and life. We provide Real Estate players with SaaS to upgrade their buildings to be ready for the smart city revolution. We work with some of the most important companies and government actors in the world to bring innovation to the way we live in our cities.
About the team
District was founded by Vanessa Butz, Patrick Morselli, and Chris Darby. We are a small and fun team to work with! All coming from different backgrounds, with an outstanding track record. We enjoy a relaxed and results-driven work style and have our office right in the middle of Covent Garden.
Team first: we genuinely care about people and want to create the best environment for everybody to grow, be successful and have fun.
Having successfully launched our MVP we are now looking to build a high performing engineering team to strengthen our core and expand the feature set. Agility, scalability and strategic thinking are key. We expect our engineers to find the right tool to solve the job pragmatically and effectively. We want to hire the smartest people around, and we’re ready to reward them with generous stock and benefits.
Head of Software Engineering
As Head of Software Engineering, you will be tasked with managing the technical development of all products in the District family (currently an iOS and Android app, a webapp for 3rd parties to respond to real-time customer requests, and a PHP CMS to manage content in the iOS & Android apps). You will be report into and be supported in your role by Chris, co-founder, who will help you hire, coach and manage your team.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain awesome product features
- Manage individual and team priorities and deadlines
- Hire, coach and educate team members, even cross discipline
- Advocate for judicious use of technology and automation within District
- Support the team in strategizing the prioritization of new features and hardware integrations
- Keep the platform scalable and lean, considering our future lies in integrating a wide array of systems and stakeholders into one simple and user-centric UI
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Expertise with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Java, Go, Python, or C/C++)
- Industry experience with at least 3 of the following:
- web applications,
- iOS / Android native applications,
- database administration,
- Unix/Linux systems,
- AWS or other cloud infrastructure,
- distributed or parallel systems,
- machine learning, and/or
- security software development
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
What you’ll get
- Learn a lot about growing a tech startup from scratch;
- Be among early team and shape the company from the beginning;
- Flexible work hours, relaxed work environment;
- Office in the heart of London, Covent Garden;
- 25 days of holidays;
- Competitive salary and great (we mean, really great!) stock options package.
Salary range £65,000 — 80,000
Negotiable, plus equity
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Junior Front-end Developer at ContentCal
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly
- Talent & Culture Partner at Create + Adapt ltd
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath
- Product Designer at Nested
- Product Designer at Nested
- Experienced Frontend or Backend Software Engineer at Pirate Studios
- Community Manager - Open Source at MindsDB