ImpactEd is an award-winning social enterprise that supports schools and education organisations in understanding the impact that their programmes and interventions have on pupil outcomes.
Schools invest huge amounts of time, money and energy in different initiatives to support their pupils – from in-school tutoring to enrichment programmes to mentoring projects. But far too often, it is extremely challenging for them to assess the impact of what they do. ImpactEd aims to address this evaluation deficit. We exist to improve outcomes and life chances for children by helping decision makers to better identify and prioritise those programmes that are making the biggest difference.
We work in partnership with schools and education organisations to develop capacity for research and evaluation, and use our digital platform to make high-quality monitoring and evaluation easy. Most of our work is in or with schools, including collaborations with national school groups such as Challenge Partners and United Learning, universities such as SOAS and Manchester, and organisations like Project Access and CoachBright.
Founded in 2017, ImpactEd launched into schools in September 2018. Since then we have been growing rapidly. We won the prestigious Teach First Innovation Award, were finalists in the 2019 Education Resources Awards and have had our work profiled by the Department for Education. We are a small, dedicated and growing team that is committed to maximising social impact.
The Impact and Partnerships Manager role is an exciting chance to lead our growing number of partnerships with external stakeholders, including charities, social enterprises and university partners. The focus of the role will be to design, deliver and consult on evaluation partnerships with these non-school partners. You will also contribute more broadly across the organisation, including working on our strategy, business development and fundraising, and elements of school delivery.
With responsibility for the design and delivery of this workstream, you’ll have the opportunity to define what excellence looks like. You’ll be joining an early-stage organisation and benefit from significant opportunities for growth, including the possibility of building a team as the organisation continues to scale. You will need to have a few years’ professional experience, but we are flexible on background. The strongest candidates are likely to have experience or an interest in education and some experience of research and evaluation, consulting or business development. However, mission and values alignment, and capacity to learn rapidly, are more important to us than specific experience.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join our team, with significant room for progression and development. You’ll be part of a dynamic education startup combining technology, education research and collaborative working with schools to make a difference to the lives of tens of thousands of pupils over the coming years.
You are likely to have experience in some or all of the following:
- Research and evaluation, or quantitative analysis, especially in education
- Working with or in schools, or in the education sector more generally
- Managing partnerships, particularly in relationship building
- Business development, including supporting sales and marketing
- Presenting to senior stakeholders, including delivering training and facilitating workshops
More important than specific experience will be:
- Highly-developed communication skills. You will be an effective and engaging presenter, but also skilled at listening and understanding problems, focused on developing relationships and articulate in proposing suggestions.
- Entrepreneurial streak and solution-focused. You can think on your feet, operate with high levels of autonomy and independence and devise solutions to challenging problems fast.
- Intellectual curiosity and capacity to learn rapidly. You will need to pick up lots of responsibilities quickly, and these will develop over time – this should excite you.
Deadline: 20th May at 9am. Please note that we will be interviewing that week and exceptional candidates may be invited to interview ahead of the application deadline, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
First-round interviews will be held in London on the 22nd May.
Second-round interviews will be held on the 24th May.
For a full job description and further details about the position, please refer to the job pack: tiny.cc/IPM1
Apply through a CV and one page covering letter to [email protected]
Our Managing Director, Owen Carter, can also be contacted for an informal conversation about the role on [email protected]
Salary range £28,000 — 32,000
dependent on experience
More like this
- Senior PHP Developer at Ticket Tailor
- Head of Engineering at Harper
- Sales Manager at Neutral Digital
- Business Development Executive at Mediolana Limited
- Head of Product at Hatching Dragons
- Head of Community & Marketing (equity package) at Carra
- Product Design Lead at Founders Academy
- Technical Co-Founder/Startup CTO at Carbon13
- Tech Lead at Founders Academy