Organisation: Planet Earth Institute (PEI)
Location: London, Mayfair
Contract: Temp. / 3 months
Salary: Min. wage
Start Date: 27th April
Job Description: The Planet Earth Institute (PEI) is an international NGO and charity working for the scientific independence of Africa. All our work is focused under the three pathways we believe can help lead Africa to scientific independence: higher education; technological innovation; and advocacy and policy. In other words, we support and strengthen higher education and invest in PhD research; help incubate technologies able to drive scientific advancement; and campaign for a science-led development agenda for Africa.
The Planet Earth Institute is now seeking an intern to join our busy office for a 3-month period. The intern will work alongside our small, but dynamic team at our offices in Mayfair on a variety of support roles, including administration, data entry, research, project development and partner engagement. We offer a supportive working environment where interns can learn new skills and enhance existing ones.
The primary focus of this internship is to support the design and delivery of our flagship event, the PEI #ScienceAfrica UnConference. This is our biggest event of the year, bringing together over 250 people from business, academia, policy and civil society and exploring the big ideas around African development, addressing challenges and opportunities and celebrating science and technology pioneers.
• Admin / office experience
• Event logistics and support experience
• Understanding / appreciation of the African development agenda
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Clear and polite telephone manner
• IT skills
• Research skills
• Flexible and with a support orientated approach
• Min. wage
Salary range £0 — 0
More like this
- Innovation Entrepreneurship Manager at Imperial Enterprise Lab
- Business Intelligence Analyst at GSMA Mobile for Development
- Marketing Executive at Contagious
- Data Delivery and Quality Manager at Prostate Cancer UK
- Ecosystem Builder AI at Rockstart
- Head of Digital Solutions at Royal Society for Blind Children
- DevOps Lead at BuffaloGrid Ltd.
- Customer Success Lead at Saberr
- Sales Development Manager at Contagious
- Technical Lead (Lead Developer) at Hawk Safety