MATCHESFASHION.COM is the global luxury shopping destination that brings together over 400 designers with seamless integration of physical and digital customer touchpoints. What started almost 30 years ago as a single store in London, and are now a rapidly expanding technology company, serving over 70 million visitors a year and delivering to 176 countries.
We are looking for someone entrepreneurial, ambitious and humble. Our Technology Department has grown from 5 to over 70 team members in just a few years, and we need your help to take the company onwards and upwards.
The Technology department is focused on maintaining the business’s status as a tech leader in the fashion industry. We are a team of 4, working on two apps: one customer-facing, and one in-house.
The customer app (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/matchesfashion.com-modern/id966121224?mt=8), written in Swift, is a crucial part of our business, and there is a lot of love that goes into it.
We are currently in the process of redesigning it to match the latest and greatest in terms of application architecture, coding standards, and design, so it is a great time to join. You will have a significant impact on the direction we head in.
We offer fortnightly tech talks and 10% time that allows you to work on your own projects or a project that interests you and can help contribute to the growth of matchesfashion.com
THE TECH STACK
• Developing high quality, user-friendly iOS applications.
• Writing clean code, maintaining high coding standards.
• Implementing UI designs.
• Integrating the applications with other systems (using REST JSON APIs and 3rd party SDKs)
• Writing unit, integration and UI tests.
• Releasing application updates on Fabric, TestFlight and the App Store.
• Suggesting improvements to the application (features, UI, UX, code etc.)
• Suggesting improvements to processes (development, PM, QA, CI, etc.)
• Providing estimates of time and effort required to implement requirements.
• Advising stakeholders and project owner on progress.
• Co-ordinating development efforts with other teams.
• Using issue management (JIRA) and version control (Git/Gitlab) systems.
• Live and breathe mobile apps.
• Have developed an iOS app that you are proud of, and is enjoyed by its users.
• Deeply care about writing clean code.
• Don’t consider a task done until all the tests are green.
• Have experience in all aspects of the app development process (from inception to release and beyond)
• Enjoy all the wonderful features that Swift gives us as developers, but don’t mind getting your hands dirty with a little Objective-C every now and then.
• Find pleasure in dealing with the intricacies of networking, concurrent programming, etc.
• Feel comfortable using many various persistence layers, and know how to choose the best one for a given job.
• Care not only about what the UI looks like, but also how it feels.
• Are intimately familiar with Apple’s HIGs and modern Mobile UI/UX standards.
• Appreciate Little Big Details (http://littlebigdetails.com/) and enjoy thinking up new ones to add to your creations.
• Prefer playing in a band to going solo.
• Believe in continuous improvement.
• Have a passion for learning - and sharing your knowledge with others.
• Understand what Agile is (and isn’t!) about.
• Have set up a CI pipeline using one of the popular CI tools.
• Have actual experience using TDD or BDD.
• 10% Time: Ten percent of your workday can be used toward your personal development.
• Pension Scheme: MatchesFashion.com contribute up to 3% matching your contribution.
• Life Assurance: In the event of your death whilst employed by MatchesFashion.com 4 x your annual salary will be paid out to your estate
• Holiday Entitlement: 25 days, with flexibility to buy an additional 5 days a year
• Staff discount: 50% on MatchesFashion.com products and 20% discount for family and friends
• Healthcare: Heath Cash Plan, Hospital Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
• Bonus: Yearly bonus based on company and personal performance
• Free Breakfast Cereal and Coffee
Salary range £50,000 — 65,000
Dependent on Experience
More like this
- iOS Developer (Mid-Senior) at GreenJinn
- Android Developer (Mid) at GreenJinn
- Senior Full Stack Developer at GreenJinn
- Mobile Engineer at Oakam ltd.
- Mobile App Developer at CargoMate
- Digital Designer at Akkroo
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Senior Frontend Developer (Vue.js) (£50-60k) at Pollen VC
- Solutions Consultant at We Make Websites
- Senior Software Engineer at Lightricks Ltd