Pi-A are looking for an iOS developer to work on a smartphone app that will improve people's health and well-being in a fun, innovative way.
You will be a key member of this exciting project that has just been awarded Innovate UK funding. You will be responsible for iOS feature development, iOS software architecture, and creative problem solving. You will work with doctors, UI designers, creative technologists, and audio developers to integrate new app content. You will be the lead for iOS technical direction and ensure the app is robust and meets quality and security requirements.
We have a flexible work environment and are happy for you to work on-site at our workspace in Somerset House in London, remotely, or a hybrid approach. Working hours are flexible and around 40 per week. The role would initially be for 3 months (starting 1st Nov '21), with the possibility of extension.
- You have experience as an iOS developer working with Swift and can work in a collaborative environment with people from different disciplines.
- You have previously launched apps and are familiar with every stage of the app-making process – from prototyping to release.
- You take pride in your work and are passionate about developing apps that put the user experience first, with a focus on innovative approaches
- You are conscientious and caring and can apply sensitivity when dealing with things related to people's health
- You have 3+ years of professional iOS development experience
- You can develop custom UI and animations
- You can write testable code and optimise app performance via Xcode instruments
- You must be UK-based with the appropriate UK working visa
- Experience with databases e.g. Realm, AWS, Firebase
- Experience with AI / ML and/or computer vision / ARKit / Vision Framework
- Experience using Metal, SpriteKit, and/or Game Engine e.g. Unity
- Digital signal processing / audio development experience e.g. Audiokit / SOUL
- UI design and prototyping skills e.g. Figma
- Passionate about design / music / art
Pi-A (pea-uh) works at the intersection of design, technology, and medicine to find innovative ways of solving healthcare problems. Founded by doctors, with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, UI/UX designers, architects, animators and musicians, Pi-A moves fluidly between different scales and disciplines. Pi-A puts people at the heart of everything we do to create technology that can be used every day, by everyone.
Pi-A are committed to promoting diversity and equality in all projects and in every aspect of the company. We are committed to being inclusive to everyone. We are dedicated to testing our products across a diverse and representative user group, to ensure they are inclusive and accessible for all ages and demographics.
Please send a CV and a link to examples of your work to [email protected]
Salary range £50,000 — 75,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Software Engineer at NearSt
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Sales Development Representative at Marvel App
- Client Success at VeryConnect
- Senior Software Enginer at Hexarad
- Software Engineer at Hexarad
- Sales Development Representative at PayFit UK
- Customer Success Associate(German Speaking) Remote at ev.energy
- Customer Success Associate (Remote) at ev.energy