Role: JAVA / Full Stack Developer & Technical Lead.
Location: Spork Digital Ltd, 14 Southgate Road, London N1 3LY
Spork is a small but mighty development agency based near to London's Tech City. For 6 years we have built a range of bespoke applications for both web and mobile, for several organisations ranging from start-ups to big corporate companies.
About the role
Spork is looking for an experienced full stack developer with a bias towards JAVA to head up our development team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to step up and take the lead in the company's tech decision making process.
Many of our systems are built on a JAVA stack (Hibernate and Spring); we will continue to build upon them, but we are by no means wedded to the technology for new projects. We would encourage the candidates to bring other technologies to the table and take the company to the next level. You will be willing get your hands dirty and try out new technologies.
Being a small company you will be exposed to the business side of Spork, so often you will be asked to make pragmatic decisions driven by business needs. You will take pride in your problem solving ability and be articulate in translating clients requirements into code and vice versa. As with all roles at Spork, you’ll be client facing from day 1.
- Web Application configuration and deployment experience (ideally Tomcat)
- Proven design and architect skills of large web applications
- Good knowledge of Linux (AWS experience ideal)
- REST API building experience
- Comfortable in the Agile methodology environment
You’ll have experience around these, or at least will be able to get your head around them quickly:
- Web Server Apache / Nginx experience
- Continuous integration services and build tools (eg Jenkins and Maven)
- PHP experience (fear not - it’s only for the odd Wordpress plugin we’ve built but this isn’t a deal breaker)
You’ll also have a good grasp of translating to the front end :
- HTML / CSS (including SASS)
As we have some native applications as well you’d get bonus points if you have experience / desire to try out the following:
- Mobile app development iOS (Swift / Objective C) & Android
If this sounds like you and you want to be Spork's new prong... then get in touch.
More like this
- Software Developer at Secret Escapes
- Experienced Software Developer at GrowthIntel
- Frontend & Android Developer at Cera Care
- React Native Mobile Developer at Den
- 3 full stack developers at Code Kingdoms
- Fullstack Software Engineer at OnCare
- Head of Development at Tailwise
- Full Stack Developer in the Swiss Alps at inside labs AG
- Designer (Web) at Secret Escapes