Constant Commerce is committed to being the best way to buy everyday items, when media or marketing inspires you to buy it.
Our technology is used to drive a range of services and solutions. You can see examples of our award winning shoppable recipe functionality for example, at recipes.sainsburys.co.uk and foodiful.com.au and our ‘smart product’ buy-it-now buttons on brands like persil.com and lynxformen.com. The buttons and widgets that our technology embeds into customer web pages, apps, and ads sends products straight to shoppers’ baskets/ecommerce accounts at the world’s biggest retailers (e.g. Walmart, Sainsbury’s and Boots, etc.).
Our customers are some of the biggest global players in retail, publishing and FMCG (fast moving consumer goods), and our technology is used by millions around the globe, through our public-facing services and interfaces.
The technology behind these solutions is an interesting proposition, because we are building a bridge between publisher content, retailer APIs, brand partnerships, and live user data, internationally and at scale. It achieves this through a variety of approaches that include NLP, recipe content aggregation algorithms, scrapers, content management, service API management, big data analytics, high-availability personalisation, etc.
Constant Commerce is based in London’s West End, and our tech is used around the globe, with many of the best-known brands in the UK, Europe, Australia and the US using it to reach millions of shoppers through marketing and media partnerships.
About the role
This role is a mid/senior level engineering role, with a wide scope for problem solving and application of technical ability. We are looking for individuals with a capacity for pragmatism and strong technical judgement, as well as technical excellence.
We are extremely lucky to have an engineering team filled with highly talented and skilled individuals. The team is enjoys a friendly and respectful environment, in which we work collaboratively and we are supportive of each individual's potential. The team is fairly flat in structure. Our hiring standards are relatively high; our expectation is that strong candidates should want to work with good people.
We are looking for smart individuals with talent: software engineers that take pride in their work, and who want to be part of a start-up team producing high-quality, innovative products.
It's important to us that candidates should also be positive, hardworking and personable.
The role requires you to:
- Contribute to technical design discussions
- Strive to deliver high quality bug-free code
- Develop robust packages and APIs that contribute to our ever-growing platform
- Apply the principles of clean code to your work, often through TDD, pairing and review
- Potentially work on algorithms, NLP and data science related problems
- Work well in a team-setting (we deliver our solutions using SCRUM as an agile framework)
- Be a self-starter that can develop solutions to problems, with minimal guidance when necessary
There will also be opportunities to grow within this role, and potentially within the company. We pride ourselves in supporting our team in their personal and career goals, and everyone is encouraged to do the best work of their career at Constant Commerce.
We operate in a rapid growth environment; our engineers are delivery-focussed while maintaining high quality standards, through iteration. An ideal-fit candidate might have worked for a revenue generating tech start-up before, though that’s not essential.
Skills we're looking for
Candidate should have a good understanding of Test Driven Development, Clean Code principles, and common software design patterns.
- Java 7 and above
- Spring and AOP
- JPA and Hibernate
- JUnit & Hamcrest
- PostgreSQL/MySQL or other recognised relational DB experience.
- Familiarity with Agile methods (TDD, Scrum)
- Experience with developing SOLR/Lucene based search optimisations
- Profiling applications for performance tuning and resource management
- Container-based server deployment and management (esp. LXC)
- AWS server configuration and management
- Aptitude/Understanding of algorithms
- Confidence with Linux
- Central location in the absolute heart of London
- Competitive salary, bonus scheme
- Generous stock options scheme
- Work with great people, in a friendly and respectful environment
- Culture of excellence, and support
- We sponsor our staff’s development, to attend conferences and tuition
- Inclusivity - your ideas and strengths are part of our story
- Flexible working around core hours
- Generous annual leave
- Proper coffee
- End-of-sprint drinks
More like this
- Full Stack Web Developer at myGiulia
- Front-end developer at Wiedemann Lampe
- Product Implementation Specialist at LocumTap
- Lead Multi-disciplined Software Engineer at ProxiGroup
- SEO Lead at MyTutor
- Full Stack Developer in the Swiss Alps at inside labs AG
- Lead Product Manager at Catapult
- Technology Educator at Decoded
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business
- Full-stack Lead Developer at AssetVault at AssetVault