FX Digital is an award-winning interactive digital agency based in London.
We thrive in the unknown, proposing innovative opportunities, solving problems and providing our clients with a vision of the future through a relentless research and development drive. We merge user-centred design with emerging technology to create meaningful digital experiences. Our projects are wide and varied including website design, app development, branding, VR, TV and voice. To get a flavour of our work, check out our showreel: https://vimeo.com/225578886
- Working with the Technical Director and Lead Developer to propose technical solutions to business problems, attending client meetings where required
- Working with the sales and marketing team to propose technical solutions to clients problems
- Providing inspiration and guidance to help other members of the development team
- Regularly code reviewing pull requests by the development team, commenting on where improvements can be made and enforcing the appropriate coding standards
- Advising the Lead Developer as to the tools and services that could be used to help improve the efficiency of the development team
- Attending industry events to broaden understanding of development tools and processes
- Attending training and events to ensure continued self improvement
- Maintaining a research and development attitude towards work
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience of working in a wider team with multiple concurrent projects
- A Computer Science or related degree, or other relevant course that provides a solid understanding of Computer Science principles
- Advanced proficiency with JSON, especially when used in an API context
- Advanced proficiency working with HTML and CSS
- Advanced understanding of web architecture including transfer protocols and the makeup of a browser
- Advanced knowledge of Git version control and knowledge of Git flow
- Confident usage of CLI tools for front-end workflow, including Yarn, NPM, and Gulp
- Some understanding of CI/CD and tools such as Jenkins or Travis
- Deep understanding of web inspection tools, along with web profiling and step debugging
- A willingness and aptitude to change, with a passion to pick up new tools and processes
- Effective time-management skills
- Deep understanding of APIs, including RESTful APIs
- Some familiarity with writing automation testing including unit tests, and a desire for test driven development
Not essential but a plus if you have...
- Knowledge of working with back-end languages including PHP and Node.js.
- Experience working with Connected Devices and in particular Smart TVs
- Experience developing on the Playstation and/or Xbox platform
- Familiarity with with Jasmine for unit testing
- An understanding of HTML video players and their technical requirements
- Experience working with Typescript
- An ability to curate an incredible Friday afternoon office playlist
Why join us?
- Social Team - We’re an incredibly social team, and as well as having regular team events you’ll also have the opportunity to attend a number of industry events including design conferences, WordCamps and MeetUps.
- Internal Projects - Internal projects are actively encouraged, and we ask for you to explore and develop creative ideas that you want to pursue. You'll also have every Friday afternoon to explore and experiment with anything that you desire.
- Health Insurance - After 3 months as part of the team you will be set up with Vitality health insurance, giving you many benefits including half-price gym memberships and a heavily discounted Apple Watch.
- Location - Being in the heart of Shoreditch brings a variety of things to do and we have fun at the various pop-up shops and eateries. This location is truly an exciting part of London to work in.
- Make your Mark - You’ll have the opportunity to make your mark on what is a fast-growing and exciting agency working with some of the most cutting-edge web
- Work with clients from across the globe.
- Generous holiday allowance of 32 days (including bank holidays)
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Back-end Developer at Rotageek Ltd
- Ruby on Rails Developer (CET - Remote) at Clevertech
- Senior Developers at VirtualSystems Limited
- Community Partner at Pirate Studios
- Technical Lead at Flynotes
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Full Stack Developer at Zappar
- Customer Success Associate at OurPath
- Head of Design at OurPath