Do you want to build cool things?
Great, so do we. At Tech Will Save Us we create make-it-yourself kits and apps that help kids all over the world to make, play, code, and invent using technology. And you can help!
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic and creative person to join the development team and help us build experiences that delight, inspire and amaze both kids and parents alike. This is a hands-on role, and requires a high level of technical knowledge and expertise. However, this is more than just a coding role. You’ll be part of a team who decide what we build and how. This is a great opportunity to have a direct impact on the way people—both young and old—learn using technology.
Sound good? Here's what you'll be doing!
- Creating awesome, robust and sustainable products. Starting from concept all the way to sitting in the hands of hundreds of thousands of kids
- Growing to a point where you can lead a development team capable of delivering the ambitions of the business. Developing the team, their abilities and ensuring their happiness and continual improvement.
- Championing the discovery, evaluation and implementation of new technologies, tools and systems to enable the company’s growth.
- Ensuring technical best practice!
Join our mission. To make every kid feel like a hero...
Two years ago, we launched our making + coding platform, Make, along with the Creative Coder and a block-based coding environment for kids to program it. Last year, we Kickstarted a new range of products, the Dough Universe, and built a React Native app to accompany them. So far this year, we have partnered with Marvel to produce the Electro Hero Kit, launched not one, but two super-affordable kits along with a fresh set of digital experiences to guide the young superheroes to success. Right now, we're busy working on more awesomeness for 2019 and beyond...
Bring your superpower to Tech Will Save Us and help our team of innovative engineers, designers, marketers, educators and content producers to help empower the next generation of makers.
There no such thing as a template Tech Will Save Us Developer. To make sure you can get done what's needed in this role, it's likely you'll have the following:
- Experience building digital products, preferably in a startup environment. Working right through research, ideation, prototyping, testing, production, and evolution.
- A desire to manage and grow development teams by guiding personal development (we'll support you in this)
- Comfortable working right across the stack and across platforms: frontend, backend, devops, web, mobile, desktop. No need to be an expert, but you shouldn’t be afraid to get stuck in.
- We're a close knit team, so you need to be comfortable working with internal stakeholders such as Marketing and Product Development (they're nice though, so it's ok)
Salary range £40,000 — 70,000
Equity as part of our EMI Options Scheme
More like this
- Head of Web Development at Forward Action
- Front-end Developer at Inktrap
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Customer Success Associate at OurPath
- Full Stack Mobile Developer at OurPath
- UI Designer at Buffalo Grid
- CRM Executive at Zappar
- Junior Project Manager (Technical Co-Pilot) at Freelancer.com
- Distributed Systems Engineer at Ably Realtime
- Site Reliability Engineer at Ably Realtime