Who we are
We’re on a mission to change the way the world deals with death. We’re looking for a software engineer with experience working on an e-commerce platform at scale, to help us architect, build and scale the services and interface that powers the Farewill product. You will be a key player in a team who redefines how people deal with the one thing we all experience.
You’ll work closely with our cofounder and CTO, Tom, together responsible for delivering a service that is transforming tens of thousands, then hopefully millions of people’s experience of thinking about and planning for their deaths. This is no ordinary job.
We’re an agile product squad so you’ll work directly with our founders, Head of Product and Lead Designer - there's lots of exciting stuff to work on in 2017, and lots of decision making and responsibility up for grabs. Our product, customer base, partnerships and team are all scaling fast – we’re a well funded team of fast-learners looking for a talented, multi disciplinary, independently minded engineer to join our team of 6 to make our collective vision a reality.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Work on our (predominantly JS – Node/React/Meteor) web-app and services which make up the Farewill product.
- Help us scale up
- Gain an understanding of our business, our customers, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgement to make autonomous decisions.
- Contribute to process of building of new features as part of a multi-disciplinary agile team, ensuring that our standards are high and that we can scale to meet demand.
- Maintain existing features, keeping them in line with best practices and new technologies.
- Write and maintain tests for the codebase (we use Mocha).
- Promote and use automation for our developer workflow, ensuring high standard of service as we grow (we use Git, CircleCi and Heroku).
What we offer:
- We’re only just getting started, and there are plenty of paths we can take to get to where we want to be. You’ll play a key role in helping us work out what to build, when and why.
- A chance to create a meaningful contribution to millions of people’s lives and deaths.
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded startup that’s scaling.
- Work alongside other talented and friendly people with a history of learning new things.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Pick your own kit.
- Boris bike key.
- Regular off-site days and weekly socials (last one was to the seaside - https://goo.gl/SFuaUQ).
- Weekly reading and discussion (about anything).
- Access to an amazing network of mentors.
- Spacious private top floor office in Euston.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Salary range £35,000 — 50,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Marketing Manager/Growth Hacker at LocumTap
- Enterprise Sales Manager at Keboola
- Demand Generation Manager at Marvel App
- Programme Lead at KBS Albion
- Simulation Engineer at Simudyne
- Sales & Partnerships Manager (Business Development at ILoveGin.com
- Junior Entrepreneur at Sweatcoin
- Full-Stack Engineer at Thriva
- Market Development Representative at Keboola
- Digital Marketer at Makers Academy