Converge is a fast-growing IoT startup building an accurate digital model of the physical world, to make the construction industry safer, more efficient, and more sustainable. Construction is an enormous and fundamental industry, generating 13% of global GDP and employing 7% of the global workforce, and yet it has a productivity gap of $1.6T and a lot of that is down to a lack of visibility and timely, accurate data. We believe the only way you can really close this gap is using physical data, which is why we have been deploying our cutting-edge wireless sensor networks on over 70 sites in the UK and abroad for the last 3.5 years (including our recent expansion in Hong Kong and Singapore).
We are now starting to build our the data models which will provide the next level of insight from our data, and so we are looking for some great engineers with a penchant for building large scale, data-intensive processing systems to join the team and help us grow.
// Job Description
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, proven and dedicated Junior Civil Engineer with experience working on construction sites to join our Implementation Engineering team in London. Within this role you will be responsible for providing day to day service delivery and leadership within the managed accounts. This role ensures the continuity of Converge service to their clients by creating relationships with both customer headquarters and onsite teams, internal Converge teams, concrete labs where testing and calibrations are done and any other stakeholder in our service delivery.
// Key Responsibilities
- Support the sales team when needed, either by communicating with them or going with them to customer visits and help set expectations or tailor our service to their needs in order to ensure great customer experience.
- Provide guidance on the feasibility of bespoke projects based on previous project experience.
- Coordinate and supervise the calibration process between customer, the concrete lab and our internal platform
- Deploy Converge Systems on customer sites by working with client senior management to establish the aim of the project, the expected outcome and agree on a timeline.
- Train users on the client side on using the SaaS functionality and document both the outcome and feedback for our processes and engineering team.
- Monitor managed accounts activity on the software platform, follow up on any apparent issue and escalate any issue internally that needs attention and can’t be resolved directly.
- Participate in projects related to either business development, product design and testing, software development, manufacturing or operations.
- Contribute to knowledge base
- Be the Voice of the Customer internally
- Generate reports on the status and success of different client projects and internal testing projects.
// Key technical skills
- Productivity Suite such as MS Office or Google Suite
- Familiarity with CRM platforms such as ZenDesk
- Basic understanding of RF devices and mesh networks is a plus
- Experience in or an understanding of concrete maturity and testing processes is a big plus.
// Personal Qualities
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Confident, self-motivated and able to work under pressure with minimum of supervision
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel regularly within and occasionally outside UK when needed.
- Comfortable in a client/business facing role
- Detail-oriented, strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Unflappable, highly-collaborative, positive, go-getter attitude.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding startup environment.
// Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Civil Engineering, Business or equivalent experience in those fields
- 1 year experience on construction sites
- 1 year experience in any technology-focused role
// What we’ll offer you
- We are a small team, so there’s a high degree of ownership over your area of the product
- We have several keen cyclists, and offer the Cycle to Work scheme to the team
- A diverse, open, and fun working environment, & you’ll get to work in all areas of the business
- The chance to work on cool tech innovation in one of the world’s most important industries
- Insight into the business and a say in how it’s run
Salary range £25,000 — 35,000
More like this
- Head of Product at Verisart
- Business Development Manager (m/f/d) at Coffee-Bike International Ltd.
- Sales Manager (m/f/d) at Coffee-Bike International Ltd.
- Operations Assistant at Entale
- Full Stack Developer at Entale
- Data Scientist (NLP) at Entale
- FrontEnd Developer at Datantify
- Associate Product Manager at Zero Deposit
- Community Engagement Consultant at Duel
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies