We're a London-based tech startup working to make therapy a universal employee benefit. We're funded by top-tier VCs Passion Capital and Seedcamp.
We make a Slack app that companies purchase to allow their employees to access wellbeing tools and content (if they’re feeling okay), ask questions to therapists over message (if they’re feeling a bit ‘meh’), and book therapy or coaching sessions in just three clicks (if they need more support). It’s everything that the NHS, private health insurance and employee assistance programmes aren’t: easy to access, designed to be used by everyone, and 100% un-intimidating. We’re proud to count among our list of clients progressive employers like Typeform, Depop and Bulb.The job and the work
This job is about getting new companies to sign up to Spill. You’ll be concentrating mostly on the top of the funnel, reaching out to companies to try and engage them. We won't lie: there will be a lot of emailing involved, alongside any other tactics that can put Spill into more companies with a reasonable acquisition cost.
We use a product-led, experimental approach to growth, testing ideas to see if they work well in terms of engagement and conversion, and then diverting resources into the ones that perform best.
If you prove yourself in the role, there will be the opportunity to take ownership of more of the funnel, doing demos with potential clients, closing deals, hosting launch talks — things like that. However, in the near future, we’re primarily looking for someone who’s going to crack the top of the funnel.
The role will be results-driven, with clear targets to hit in terms of leads generated. You’ll report directly to the Founder initially, and later to a senior growth person, once we’ve hired them.The ideal candidate
We care about experience, traits, and attitude. We also care about diversity — we want to receive applications from as wide a range of people as possible.
We don’t need you to have had specific sales experience before. We do need you to have worked before. So if you can demonstrate the skills required for this job, and you’ve got some parallel experience which taught you those skills, then we want to hear from you.
Maybe you worked in a restaurant chain and, as part of the job, had to get more people through the door. Maybe you ran a university society and tripled its membership in a year. Maybe you did an internship in recruitment and smashed your headhunting targets.
You don’t need to have gone to university, either. We believe life and work experience often counts for far more. If you’ve spent the time after school doing stuff instead, and it has helped you build the skills we’re looking for, then we want to hear from you.
Traits and attitude
You’re a doer. You get a kick out of getting results. You’re personable and come across well on video calls — and in real-life meetings, if those ever become a thing again. You write good emails, and you like firing them out. You don’t mind chasing and chasing (and chasing again).
You prefer to do one thing really well than to work on a bit of everything. You’re interested in startups, and you’re excited about joining a startup with impressive traction and being the driving force behind its next stage of growth.
This isn’t a role for aspiring creatives, brand marketers or account managers looking for their first job before moving towards those disciplines. This role is about putting Spill into every company on Earth.
Above all, you're able and willing to set your ego aside and dedicate yourself to a mission that's bigger than all of us. You believe in reducing unnecessary emotional pain. You want to give it to 1 million more people.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and answers to these three questions (no more than 250 words each) online here or using the form below.
- Tell us about a time when you had a target of getting more customers, more sign-ups, more registrations, more members, more clients, or anything like that. It doesn't need to be in a previous job: it could have been at school, while volunteering for a charity, etc. What we're interested in is: what number did you start from and what number did you end up on? How did you do it?
- Tell us about a time when you took initiative, or changed tack halfway through, when an approach wasn't working. We're looking for stories of ingenuity and willingness to adapt.
- Tell us about a time when you kept going on a project until you got the results you needed. We're looking for stories of sheer perseverance.
We accept applications through September 2020. We'll let you know we've received your application. Successful applicants will get through to the next stage, which is likely to be a video call.
Salary range £26,000 — 30,000
Dependant on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Software Engineer at CMDTY
- Senior Product Designer at Cervest
- Ecommerce Solutions Consultant at We Make Websites
- Technical Lead - Full Stack at Amplified Global
- Full Stack Developer at The Square
- Data Analyst at Zero Deposit
- Data Architect at The Open Data Institute (ODI)
- Senior Product Designer at Cervest
- Senior Product Designer at Second Nature
- B2B Sales Manager at Fundsquire