About Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG.ai):
We are a leading precision medicine start-up, creating intelligent software to enable oncologists to monitor response to cancer therapy in near real-time. Our team uses applied bioinformatics, machine learning, genomics, and the experience of our associated oncologists to bring low invasive ‘liquid biopsies’ to cancer clinics worldwide. We are deep in the stages of R&D with clinical partnerships in California, the UK and Singapore, where we are working to understand the clinical consequences of tumour evolution during treatment. We have completed two tranches of fundraising; first from a large Cancer Centre and the prestigious Y Combinator accelerator program and later by top UK and Silicon Valley investors, and are now focused on growing quickly.
People who join us range from academics at leading research labs at leading universities to ambitious young developers and machine learning engineers. Joining CCG.ai means joining an incredibly talented and motivated group of people that share our vision of pioneering an industry. Work at CCG.ai is incredibly varied and we challenge ourselves daily. We work all over the world and often travel and socialize together. You’ll often find us chatting through interesting problems over a coffee or beer. We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, supportive and stimulating company team culture, who like to overcome challenges and drive the company forward.
Main duties and responsibilities:
You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining software to production-level standard for CCG.ai’s core product offering. This includes our cloud-based bioinformatics architecture and our web app. You will build, test and operate our product to meet our customers’ needs while ensuring that your code is well tested, reliable and readable. You’ll work closely with the entire CCG.ai team.
We’d like to work with someone who:
● Enjoys working and communicating effectively with other developers
● Takes the initiative – we will expect you to take ownership of whatever you work on from initial direction
● Wants to grow with us – as we continue to grow, you’ll be called on to take more responsibility, mentor others and lead teams
● Is willing to learn and be open to criticism
● Has experience writing production-level Python code, and using the best practices
● Has experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
● Has working knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB)
● We use lots of other stuff too, and if you’re the right candidate, you’ll enjoy picking up any new tools or frameworks you don’t already know
Useful experience (although we are open-minded):
● Familiarity with cloud computing (AWS, auto scalable environments, serverless applications, Terraform)
● Experience with data visualisation in medical or scientific applications
● Knowledge of UX/UI principles in mobile, tablet and web design
● Experience of software development in a regulated industry
Competitive salary depending on experience. Also includes equity and bonus-based remuneration. Our hiring process includes a phone interview, technical challenge, an in-person interview day and reference checks. We aim to complete the hiring process within 4-6 weeks of application.
● Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field
● Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team
● Inclusive company culture
● Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
● Paid personal development days (e.g. hackathons, hosting events, learning to code)
● Potential to attend conferences and meetings worldwide
As a team, we are committed to working together to positively impact the daily lives of cancer patients. We enjoy solving complex problems, thinking around corners and bouncing forwards through learning. Most of all we care about each other and the mission we're on together. We believe that a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or your secret aversion to cucumber water. Experience in cancer biology and biotechnology are not required – all you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission.
More like this
- Program Director at Nomad Academy
- Lead Data Engineer at Neural Alpha
- Back End Developer at EasyPeasy
- Sales Account Manager at Canvas Events
- Front End Engineer at Legl
- User Experience Designer at Waggel
- Growth Lead at InsideOut
- SEO & PPC Specialist at Rock Mission
- Senior Product Manager at Onfido