At Real Links, we're building an innovative employee referrals platform with modern technology, combining a good technology stack with an enthusiastic team, focusing on creating a unique, friendly & seamless user experience for everyone who engages with our product.
This is an exciting time to join the Real Links team as we have recently secured investment and have huge ambitions.
We already work with some of the UK’s largest enterprises including Lloyds Pharmacy and have a strong pipeline of new deals ready to close.
We are driven and passionate about taking advantage of this huge opportunity and turning Real Links into a global and market leading company.Job Description
We are looking for an enthusiastic & talented Software Engineer to join our team, driving the key technical decisions involved in building & maintaining the referrals platform.
- Backend is a NodeJS GraphQL API (Apollo-Server) with a collection of Serverless functions working around it.
- Frontend is built with VueJS (Vue-Apollo, Vue-SSR).
- Our data is stored in Aurora Serverless, and indexed with Elasticsearch.
- We've got some Serverless functions in production, handling background asynchronous tasks such as sending emails.
- You’ll have a high level of autonomy and exposure to all aspects of the business.
- You'll be supported in your personal growth by our CTO on a day to day basis.
- You’ll be involved in all aspects of the software development life-cycle; from gathering requirements, planning your time right through to pushing your masterpiece out to production.
- You’ll be working to develop, test and release new functionality on a regular basis.
- You love working across the product, discovering new tools & playing with new frameworks.
- You’ll work closely with the CTO founders and the company’s clients to undertake technical feasibility assessments and outline product development.
- You’ll our gold-standard development process company-wide, ensure software is secure, snappy and undertake proper source control practices, including unit tests & integration tests.
- You’ll create and carry out thorough QA processes and live tests for new functionality.
- You’ll be a key player in driving the business into its next phase of growth.
- We’re looking for someone who has enthusiasm, drive and most importantly a willingness to learn.
- You’ll love working on projects and have a public GitHub of samples for us to review.
The ideal candidate would
- Experience building RESTful web services & APIs, GraphQL or not.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and strong coding ability.
- Experience with Git, optionally git-flow.
- Willingness to work within a small team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Drive and desire to become an integral part of a fast-moving start-up.
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL products.
- Competitive edge: It's about time engineering won some team events!
Salary range £25,000 — 40,000
More like this
- Head of Client Services at We Make Websites
- Product Developer at Zero Deposit
- Technical Architect at The ODI
- Product Owner - Ecommerce Agency at We Make Websites
- Growth Manager at Furnish.app
- Platform Software Engineer at Unibuddy
- UX/UI Designer at Unibuddy
- Mid/Senior Full Stack Developer at Wearisma
- Front-end developer with accessibility experience at Jellybooks Ltd.
- Sales Consultant at Sook