About UsFounders Pledge is a community of entrepreneurs committed to finding and funding solutions to global challenges. On joining, every member makes a legally binding pledge to donate a percentage of their personal proceeds to charity when they liquidate shares. We then help them understand and elevate their social impact, offering bespoke philanthropic strategies based on the latest evidence from the sector, end-to-end giving infrastructure and a global network of experts, all at zero cost.
Since launching in 2015, the Founders Pledge community has collectively raised over $1.85 billion for social causes. Spanning 30 countries and over 1200 members, it includes the people behind industry leading companies including Wework, Deepmind, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Planet. Working across our offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Berlin, we are a growing and passionate team committed to empowering entrepreneurs to do immense good.
About the roleYour role is to build relationships with founders of the UK's top tech companies in order to help them maximise their social impact.
We are looking for a charismatic and engaging Key Relationship Manager to join our Growth team and help us build long-lasting relationships with tech founders, CEOs and high net worth individuals in the UK. This exciting sales role will see you identifying new prospects and encouraging them to join our community and commit to tackling some of the world’s most pressing problems by signing a pledge. You will have a commanding personality and are able to radiate confidence and domain expertise. To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to to engage with our target group of founders as an equal. You will have extensive knowledge of the tech and VC ecosystem and your resilience, grit and determination with help you thrive in this role.
As our Key Relationship Manager for the UK, you will be responsible for the entire UK funnel from lead generation to closing pledges to help us grow from $1 billion to $20 billion pledged by 2022. This will take a number of different forms, such as hosting and attending dinners, phone calls and one-to-one meetings with founders and CEOs, casual drinks with existing and prospective members, or meeting with our growing community at any of our UK-based events. Extensive emailing and an endless supply of persistence will be critical to your success in this role.
You will be supported in this work by our Community Associates, who will give you the help you need to stay on top of all the prospects and new leads that you will be generating by going out and talking to people. You will work as part of a global team, alongside Key Relationship Managers focusing on Europe, New York and San Francisco, with a view to expand into new geographies as we grow.
Reporting to our VP of Growth, you will regularly be required to:
- Build our membership by identifying prospective members and introduce them to the work we do, with an aim to them signing a pledge:
- Finding mutual connections with prospective members and facilitate introductions from our existing members, working with our Community Manager
- Working with our Programmes and Events teams to tailor events and invite lists towards growing our membership
- Be the face of Founders Pledge in the UK and represent our work:
- Hosting dinners in founders’ homes and facilitating discussions about social impact and our work
- Attending events and conferences across the UK to share the Founders Pledge mission
- Nurture relationships with prospective members to encourage them to sign a pledge:
- Booking in coffees, lunches and drinks to explain more about what we do
- Sending compelling emails with content tailored to their interests
- Regularly following up by call, whatsapp and email, tracking touch points in salesforce
- Work closely with our Community team to onboard new members into our community and transfer the relationship management to our Community Managers
This role is perfect for someone who is either an ex-founder themselves or is from a high-functioning sales background, who has:
- Significant sales or fundraising experience within the tech sector or with HNW individuals
- Experience building relationships with tech founders and HNW investors
- A proven track record of establishing personal and meaningful relationships with clients
- A drive to inspire evidence-based approaches to philanthropy Clear, social and charismatic demeanour
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to adjust style depending on the client
- Fantastic attention to detail and is super organised - able to keep many plates spinning at once
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), French, German or Spanish would be a plus
- Extensive experience within and knowledge of the tech sector, in particular an understanding of what makes tech leaders and founders tick
- Previous experience in, or good knowledge of, the non-profit sector in fundraising or key relationship development
Why work with us
- Help shape the future of strategic philanthropy
- Join a team of talented, mission-driven individuals
- Generous vacation time to let you recharge and refresh
- Private healthcare through BUPA
- A well-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, coffee, tea and healthy snacks
- Discounted gym membership and on-site massages
- Office dogs!
Salary range £45,000 — 50,000
More like this
- 😇 Support Specialist at Beam
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Backend Developer at Marvel Prototyping
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Account Executive at Workable
- Part time job for students. Promotional staff. at Edu-Dealer
- Junior DevOps Engineer at Yapily
- Brand, Community and User Research Internship at Daye
- Audience Development Manager at Parli
- Junior Developer at Carbon Smart