Help Make Farming Easier
fieldmargin is helping farmers around the world make better decisions.
The farming software industry just starting its revolution. We are making helpful, simple, mobile software to help farmers spend more time farming. The product has generated considerable early interest. The two co-founders have grown several successful multi-million pound businesses between them.fieldmargin is a cloud-based mapping and note recording system, specifically developed in response to industry-wide frustrations with the antiquated and expensive solutions already on offer. The product provides a simple and flexible way for farmers, agronomists, operators and accountants to record, analyse and share farm information. We have overcome significant technical hurdles to create an application that works both online and offline in the field. In the UK, 71% of land is farmland, farming employs almost 500,000 people and yet most software for farmers is delivered on compact disc and data is held locally on desktop machines. Globally 1.4bn people are directly employed in the agriculture industry. In the next 40 years the world will have to produce more food than it has done in the previous 8000. We are doing something in an enormous industry, we are doing something hard, and if we get it right the world will benefit. fieldmargin, mobile-first, design-led and cloud-based, has already generated significant interest from all corners of the farm world. We are a very friendly team, our people are happy.
- Building the fieldmargin Android application and augmenting the two person mobile team currently in place.
- Implement new features for mobile and tablet applications.
- Collaborating with UX designer for new product features.
- Java 8,
- Dagger and Dependency Injection,
- Android Services,
- Google Maps API,
- Architecture Patterns (MVP, MVC, VIPER)
- Experience using Map SDKs (Google, Apple).
- Atlassian JIRA.
- Private Health Care
- Your choice of machine
- Oculus Quest 2 (for VR meetings)
- Relaxed environment and sensible flexible hours (we are not a fintech!)
- Telephone Call CEO (10 mins)
- Telephone Call CTO (30 mins) One after other
- Tech Test (Home 1-4 hrs - please don't go crazy - we want to see how you think)
- Video Call (Tech)
- Video Call (People) Can be same day
Salary range £60,000 — 70,000
plus great benefits, pension, healthcare and stock options
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer at Hurree
- Solutions Architect at Hurree
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Android Developer at AppLaunch
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Head of Marketing & Communications at CitizenLab
- Lead Architect at CitizenLab
- Head of Product at Grapevine