At Catapult we're building a better way for people to find casual work. Whether it's working in a bar, hotel or stadium, our candidates receive jobs through our app and are free to choose exactly who they work for and when. With Catapult, the casual workforce now has complete control and ownership of their working life.
We work with some of the best known hotels, stadiums, retails, bars and restaurants in the UK. We've been growing incredibly fast and are looking for a hands on designer to join us for the next stage of our journey.
About the role
Your first task will be to review our existing - fairly ad-hoc - branding and design and help to develop a plan for bringing all of this together across web, mobile, email and offline.
You'll then be working closely with the product team to shape everything from our candidate mobile app to our employer tablet and web application. You'll work with the product owner to understand new features, develop user journeys, rapidly iterate on wireframes and mockups before creating final designs to be implemented by the development team.
As our first designer you'll have the opportunity to have a real impact on the design and UX of our product as well as the overall product roadmap.
- You have an impressive portfolio of existing work, ideally some of it with early stage startups
- You like taking ownership of problems and projects and seek out responsibility
- You have strong visual design skills, you keep up to date with the latest iOS and Android guidelines as well as best practices and industry trends
- You're comfortable working with user stories, sketching and iterating on wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- You care equally about aesthetics and user experience, you aim for solutions which incorporate both
- You're confident using the Adobe CC Suite, Sketch etc
- You're a fan of incorporating data into your decision making process and will actively seek out data which isn't immediately available
- You're confident presenting your ideas to a team and leading discussions on them
Please include a portfolio (or link to one) in your application.
Salary range £35,000 — 45,000
More like this
- UX/UI Designer at Hold
- Front-end developer at Messly
- Senior Product Designer at Potato London Ltd
- Programme Lead at KBS Albion
- Enterprise Data Engineer / Consultant at Keboola
- Product Designer (UI/UX) at Geckoboard
- Digital Marketer at Makers Academy
- Marketing Manager/Growth Hacker at LocumTap