We are looking for an experienced, dog loving engineer to join our small but fast growing team to solve big problems and change animals lives.
Who we are
We are a small team of passionate entrepreneurs and product-minded people working hard to radically change the way people buy and manage their pets.
Tailwise is a platform to support new dog owners as they go about discovering, purchasing and managing their new pet. By connecting new owners with trusted breeders and healthy dogs, we’re putting an end to unethical breeding practices and revolutionising a huge archaic industry.
We are a tech-driven company with the aim of putting Tailwise in the hands of every pet owner, breeder and pet service in the UK and we have the view to scale quickly to international markets.
If you love our canine friends and building great products, this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and solidify yourself as one of the key members of a quickly growing business.
About the role
As lead developer, you will play a big role in the key development of our product. Working with our current offshore developer, you will work to build a robust, fast and engaging product, clean and flexible codebase and help shape the future of our growing development and tech team.
We firmly believe that our product development team is the core of our business and aim to build the best, most diverse tech team in London.
- Experience building modern web applications at various stages including from scratch
- Value code quality, ease of maintainability and documentation
- Product minded and able to empathise with the user and non-development colleagues
- Previous experience leading or mentoring small teams would be ideal
- Startup or small business experience preferred but not required
- DevOps experience and know-how
- Solid background in various testing methodologies, with an eye on performance
Languages / Stack
- ExpressJs or other Node Server frameworks
- HTML5 / CSS3
- SQL – PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud Platform and/or AWS, Heroku
What we can offer
- Opportunity to become a key player at a unique, value-driven startup
- Ability to work from home
- Share options in the company
- A great holiday policy
- A dog-friendly office
Interested? We’ve love to hear from you. Don’t meet all the criteria above? No problem, we’re still keen to talk to you :-)
Sorry, we won’t respond to recruiters for this role.
Salary range £40,000 — 60,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Community Manager at Makers Academy
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business
- UX/UI Designer App Development Studio at Borne Digital
- Social Media / Growth Marketing Manager at Stitched
- Technology Educator at Decoded
- Front End Developer at Skin Analytics
- Mid-Senior Full Stack Developer (MEAN... ish) at Omnifi
- Machine Learning Engineer at Klydo
- Senior Front-end Developer at New Vector
- Head of Business Development UK at Contagious Communications