Tab helps tourist businesses take bookings and get paid.
We make tools for places like hostels, boutique hotels, dive schools and surf lodges that simplify their lives, help them compete with bigger outfits and make their customers happy! Our goal is to boost local tourism, while helping backpackers and independent travellers make the most of their precious time abroad.
Our experienced team have backgrounds in startups and finance and founded Tab whilst in Y Combinator in 2015.
Who are we looking for?
We're searching for a lead engineer to join us in our central London office (near Oxford Circus), to work across our entire platform, and ultimately lead a team of three developers.
This will be a hands-on management position: as a team leader first and a developer second, your main focus will be leading a team and helping organise its work to make great products whilst ensuring code quality, test coverage, and a sustainable working environment.
You will also be a key contributor to:
- architectural planning (inc. security & data)
- product design
- continually improving development methodology
- further recruitment
We want to find someone who:
- is excited by the chance to build something new as one of the first 15 team members at an early-stage startup within a fun market
- would like a careful, methodical workplace where technical decisions are made with due process rather than hopping on the latest shiny bandwagon
- thinks every good feature deserves a unit test or two
- believes in refactoring (because tomorrow will come)
- has opinions on product design
- wants to get involved in hiring
You should have a minimum of 18 months experience leading a small team, ideally in another startup or small company.
What are we working on?
- Tools for small business owners that really care about what they do, and the travellers they meet
- Cross-platform development, on the web and across a large range of mobile devices
- The next generation of fraud detection, focussing on the specific issues of the travel market
- Reliable systems that have to work all over the world 24/7
- Scaling for expansion!
What will you get?
- A salary between £50,000–£70,000, depending on experience
- Generous stock options in a YC-backed startup
- £1k annual training budget to spend on training or conferences
- Flexible hours
- Opportunities to travel and meet our customers
- Weekly team social lunch, plus other team events
...plus the freedom to make a big impact, quickly.
We know you will be interviewing with other companies, and we like to move quickly anyway! We will give an answer to all applicants within ten working days (subject to your own availability).
If you would like to learn more before applying, please email us at [email protected]
Salary range £60,000 — 75,000
dependent on experience, plus significant equity
More like this
- Junior R&D Tax Consultant - Technology at The Accountancy Cloud
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Yapily
- Legal Counsel at Yapily
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Marketing and Growth Manager at 23 Code Street
- Product Designer at Stairway
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Full stack developer/CTO at GigList
- Product Co-Founder or Product Manager at The Lifefulness Project
- Software Developer at Acea Health