Our mission at CyberOwl is to shift organisations towards an active security posture. Our first product, Medulla, is a passive, protective monitoring system for detecting the early signs of cyberphysical attacks on ships.
Medulla uses a sophisticated algorithm based on Bayesian inference to systematically analyse indicators typically associated with the early stages of malicious intrusion. It is a product of 10+ years research, started in the MoD Defence Academy and completed at Coventry University.
CyberOwl has won several accolades, was shortlisted for the Lloyds Science of Risk Prize, selected into the first GCHQ Cyber Accelerator Programme and is a founding member of the UK Government’s centre of excellence for cybersecurity innovation – the London Office for Rapid Cybersecurity Advancement (LORCA).
As the Lead Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for developing and shaping the user interface of Medulla. You will join and help drive an agile development process so will need to be comfortable working in such an environment. You will need to maintain a close working relationship with key individuals such as the Scrum Master, Product Owner, UI Designer and other members of the development team.
As the team lead you will be responsible for ensuring that the front-end components produced meet the appropriate quality threshold and are delivered in a timely manner.
CyberOwl has an awful lot on our roadmap, so you must be comfortable working in a fast-moving and reactive product development environment.
Start Date: Immediately / March 2020
- Ensuring that high quality components are produced in a timely manner.
- Mentoring and supporting the other members of the front-end team.
- Working with the UX/UI Designed to implement their creative design
- Working with the Backend developers and the REST API’s they provide
- Working with the Product Owner and Scrum Master to plan development sprints
Required Key Skills
- CSS3, Less (or Sass)
- Web Sockets
Working Knowledge of Python and/or Java would be helpful
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Front-End Developer
- Minimum of 1 year React-JS experience
- Experience of working with/developing IT security products is desirable but not essential
- We are looking for a completer finisher with an eye for detail
- You will need to demonstrate that you are both innovative and resourceful
- This role will suit an inquisitive self-starter who is able to work independently but also as part of a team
- You will be comfortable working in a start-up environment and show a requisite degree of flexibility
- You must be methodical with an aptitude for analytical thinking
The development team at CyberOwl is geographically dispersed so you must be comfortable working in such an environment. For someone who is extremely selfdisciplined and has strong organisational skills it would be possible to work from home a up to four days a week. As a start-up, CyberOwl is often in “all hands to the pumps” mode, so this role would be ideal for someone who is inquisitive and looking to expand their horizons/knowledge and would like to eventually transition to become a full-stack developer.
How to Apply
Please read the attached job description and person specification and ensure you have the specific skill sets we are looking for. Should this be the case, please send a covering letter and CV to our Operations Manager, Dan Eccles, at [email protected]
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
Dependent on Experience
More like this
- Product Manager at ContentCal
- Software Engineer (Integrations) - Spanish Speaker at Wagestream
- Full-stack Engineer at Stotles
- Lead Software Engineer at Jangala
- Lead Backend Developer at Maison Sport
- Partnerships Manager, EMAA at VIllage Capital
- Full-stack Software Engineer at Alva Health
- Social Media & Content Marketing Intern at Doreming
- Head of People at Yapily
- Ruby on Rails developer at LearnerShape