Are you an experienced engineer looking for a step into a leadership role? Do you want to architect the technology stack for a company that is revolutionising a $100bn industry?
We’re looking for an engineer to lead the development of our technology at our Head Office in London, a short walk from Old Street Station.
You will report directly to the COO. You will provide big-picture direction on the architecture of the technology system. You will oversee the development, implementation and integration of new software products into that system. You will be responsible for maintenance of the technology system. You will work with the COO and Product Manager to design and deliver technology that solves the biggest challenges in our industry. You will play a key role in making decisions on how and where we make investments in technology, when we should buy third-party solutions, when we should develop our own products, and how we integrate these into the technology system. You will manage a remote team of developers and you will have the autonomy to decide how we resource our developer team to best achieve our technology goals.
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who comes with a background of deep technical expertise. You will be asked to set direction and solve problems as well as dig into the details of code reviews and testing.
- Improve business processes through innovative use of technology
- Own the current and future system architecture for our technology
- Integrate third party and in-house software solutions into the architecture
- Lead the development of new technology products
- Manage a team of remote developers
- Build reusable, extensible code that can be easily worked on by other developers
- Ensure code produced is of the highest standard
- Deploy and operate production systems on AWS
- Ensure that the technology system is maintained to support daily operations
- You are able to architect software systems to meet the requirements of the business and stakeholders
- You have an in-depth understanding of API driven architecture including token-based authentication, REST and MVC
- You have experience of operating complex systems using cloud-based solutions, especially using AWS
- You have experience of good engineering practices and implementing them
- You have experience of Continuous Integration tools
- You are proficient with git and git-flow or similar code merging patterns
- You have experience of building web applications in an appropriate technology.
- You have experience of maintaining web applications using LAMP architecture. This will require knowledge of PHP5+ & OOP, and MySQL5 and its surrounding technologies
- You have solid experience with Laravel and Symfony web frameworks or similar
- You are familiar with virtualisation tools such as Vagrant and Docker
- You'll score bonus points if:
- You are entrepreneurial and a problem solver
- You have a broad interest and knowledge of other programming languages
- You have experience working developing Magento
- You have experience working with remote developers
- Competitive salary
- Share options scheme
- Wellbeing allowance
- Pension scheme
- Private medical cover
- Your birthday as an additional day off
- Increasing holiday allowance with tenure
- Friends & family discount
Established in 2012, and backed by Index Ventures (Deliveroo, Dropbox) and Octopus Investments (Zoopla, Secret Escapes), we’re on a mission to be a global online interiors brand; making homes remarkable through distinctive design, beautiful craft and fair prices.
Swoon is an advocate for people who believe that home is a sanctuary and has the power to physically affect our health and happiness. Our customers are stylish and savvy professionals who are time-poor but thought-rich; they demand the best out of life.
We call them Hip & Humble, the obsessive creators of homes that constantly evolve with ideas that are as unique as their owners.
Swoon’s business model helps to fulfil the interior desires of the Hip & Humble. Our Fast & Responsive Design Process enables us to launch new designs every day, initially in a small batch. And our direct-to-consumer brand, without the traditional retail overheads, ensures our designs are not only distinctive but affordable too. We use real-time sales data to test demand very quickly and then scale production on only the most popular pieces.
Salary range £65,000 — 75,000
Dependant on experience
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at Reelables
- HR Officer at Wave
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Software Developer at Karakuri Ltd
- Sales Director at Sweatcoin
- Engineering Manager at Farewill
- Junior Entrepreneur at Sweatcoin
- Technical Content Producer at Code Kingdoms
- Product Lead with UX design background at Sweatcoin
- Junior Entrepreneur with German at Sweatcoin