Do you want to be part of developing a high impact technology that transforms one of the world’s oldest and most pollutive industries?
At Qflow our mission is to make construction more sustainable, by using real-time data from construction sites to eliminate environmental and social impact.
We are building an integrated platform capable of gathering and aggregating huge volumes of environmental telemetry in real-time. We are applying advanced statistical techniques to process this data and to understand the causal links between construction works schedules and environmental data, to facilitate better management of key environmental risks throughout a construction programme.
In order to meet this challenge, we are looking for a talented ML engineer who is looking for an opportunity to develop themselves as part of a growing company. This is that rare chance to be one of the first employees of our data science team, help steer the direction of our team, and ultimately change the way the very cities in which we live are built and maintained.
To this aim, you will be working closely on Research and Development (R&D) with our amazing head of data science and alongside our engineering and product teams, to identify the most efficient ways to structure and process the data we capture. You will build ML models to our proprietary data to uncover patterns and understand new ways to predict environmental risk on construction projects.
We are a growing start-up constantly looking to push boundaries in a fast-paced environment, so naturally we like a challenge. We believe that we have a responsibility to leave this world in a better state than when we joined it, and we are looking for talented individuals to join us on a mission to transform an established industry that is primed for disruption.
We’ve built great traction in the industry and are now scaling across the UK and exploring international markets. Our technology is already being used to improve environmental performance on 14 construction sites across the UK including one of London’s largest urban development sites, and our sales pipeline includes over 50 is major infrastructure and building construction projects across the UK.
At the heart of our business is a focus on people – building a great team around a culture of trust, collaboration, and creativity. A team that will be supported to grow and develop with the business.
We are VC-backed with support from Entrepreneur First, the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Cambridge Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Construction (CSIC). We are led by construction and technology professionals with a deep understanding of the tasks ahead.
You are extremely curious, independent, enthusiast and with a huge drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge. You thrive in fast-paced environments and employ creative problem solving to overcome challenges, you care about impact of your work and are constantly seeking the necessary conversations to ensure that you build the right system at the right time. Most importantly, you see your job not just as completing a task, but as making an impact potentially able to change the whole construction industry.
- Build and deploy new ML models
- Optimize existing ML models
- Monitor and improve model performance
- Research new technique to predict and mitigate environmental risks
- Share your knowledge and solutions with the team
- Strong background in statistics and machine learning
- Ability to quickly prototype new ML models.
- Experience in building, deploying, and monitoring ML models using the Python stack (pandas, numpy, sklearn)
- Promote software engineering best practice applied to ML (testing, code review, version control)
- Always looking to use the right tools/technologies for the job, aiming to making things as simple as possible, but not simpler
- Always listening and learning, and willing to teach us new tricks!
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, show initiative, and respond quickly in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to discuss and explain complex ideas in clear and simple terms.
- Being comfortable working remotely.
- Experience with could computing services (Azure)
- Experience with deep learning, particularly with Generative Adversarial Network and Reinforcement Learning
- Experience building and deploying deep learning models using the Python stack (tensorflow, pytorch, keras)
- Research experience in machine learning, statistics and/or computer science
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Tailored career progression
- Possibility to grow into a senior position and lead your team as the company scales
- Possibility to carry on research in data science and machine learning with the support of our academic partners
- Constant learning and development opportunities (lab meetings, journal clubs, conferences)
- Awesome quarterly company social events!
Python, R, Azure, Git, Docker, SQL
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Salary: £30,000-£40,000pa + £10,000-£20,000 in options
More like this
- Lead Developer at Media Exchange Group Ltd
- Technical Director at Podium Network Ltd
- Data Engineer at Podium Network Ltd.
- Full Stack Developer at Podium Network Ltd.
- Software Engineer at Automata
- Front-End Developer at Automata
- Full-Stack Engineer at Ophelos
- Product Designer at GetAgent
- Product Lead - Pace Pricing at Pace
- Compliance Manager at ihorizon