1 The Problem
Type 2 diabetes and obesity are huge problems, both for the millions of people that suffer from lifestyle diseases, as well as healthcare systems like the NHS.
In the UK we spend almost 10% of the NHS budget on treating type 2 diabetes alone (£9 billion/year). What’s shocking is almost all of this is avoidable, 80-90% in fact.
How? Through sustained lifestyle and weight loss. It sounds so simple, but in reality is much harder to achieve at scale.
OurPath provide a digital lifestyle improvement programme that is proven to help people improve their lifestyle and lose weight, which ultimately reduces their risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
The programme incorporates evidence-based education, health coaches, peer group support, and digital tracking tools. Everything is delivered digitally through phone and web apps.
The quickest way to understand what we do is watch this very short 1 min animation: https://vimeo.com/199648301
We were first digital behavioural change programme to be commissioned by the NHS – we’re now expanding rapidly having won a few big national contracts (both in diabetes prevention and management).
Alongside our NHS work, we also offer the programme directly to consumers – you can buy the programme on our website if you’re looking to make a healthy lifestyle change and lose weight. Our direct-to-consumer channel is essentially a competitor to the likes of Weight Watchers and Slimming World.
About us: We are now a team of 20 – consisting of ex-strategy consultants, dietitians, designers, and developers. We believe OurPath is a fun place to work with an informal, non-bureaucratic, and agile working environment. Finally, we will provide endless amounts of poor jokes and sub-standard humour. Just so you know.
Some of our national press:
3 The Position
Having recently expanded the team a lot in the last 15 months (from a team of 2 to 25), with further expansion expected, we are now looking for a great marketing associate to come and join the team.
You will be reporting directly into the head of marketing. Your role will be varied, including:
- Support with driving the OurPath brand by building and activating the marketing strategy and plan.
- Run all aspects of marketing alongside the head of marketing (including PR, email, digital, offline, SEO, social and content)
- Own our social media channels and content to drive engagement and growth.
- Be passionate about understanding marketing performance and optimising our plans accordingly.
4 Person Specification
There is no specific experience for this role. Our general ethos is that we prioritise intelligence (across the intellectual/emotional/political spectrum) over experience.
Nevertheless, we are looking for somebody who embodies the following:
- Desire to understand the customer and find new and creative ways to engage with them and delight them.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and cross functional environment.
- Proactive, self-motivated and with an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude.
- An appetite to take ownership of projects and report back with results.
- This is a great role for someone who is motivated and ambitious and keen to take a junior marketing position to the next level.
- Whilst experience is less relevant for us, 2 years in a marketing position would be a plus (particularly with a focus on Content, PR and Social).
5 What can we offer you?
- An exciting job at one of the first digital behavioural change programmes ever commissioned by the NHS
- Exposure to lots of different elements of development of an early stage healthcare startup
- A fun place to work in central London
- Daily inspiration, exposure to lots of interesting and passionate people in our work space that are also helping to solve important problems
6 To Apply
This position is available to start immediately, so please send your CV and a short email why you’d like to work here to [email protected]
We’ll be interviewing on a rolling basis, so the quicker you can apply the better.
If Gemma doesn’t respond within 7 days then she’s not intentionally being rude but please assume it’s probably a no for now.
More like this
- Head of Web Development at Forward Action
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Impact and Partnerships Manager at ImpactEd
- Data Analyst at Zero Deposit
- Customer Success Associate at OurPath
- Experienced Frontend or Backend Software Engineer at Pirate Studios
- Full Stack Mobile Developer at OurPath
- UI Designer at Buffalo Grid
- Senior Software Engineer at OnCare
- Senior Developer at Arkk Solutions