With over 100 years of
experience to draw from, Hemming Group is a highly respected media owner in the
B2B arena. From exhibitions, conferences and awards to magazines, directories,
data and digital publishing, we strive to find innovative ways to connect
businesses and professionals while providing insightful news, analysis and
The Marketing Executive role will provide marketing activity to support the Transport portfolio working across trade exhibitions, magazines, events, websites and commercial marketing.
· Support the Marketing Manager to develop and implement a plan of set agreed tactics and marketing strategies across the Transport portfolio of media products and trade exhibitions.
· Plan and prioritise marketing campaigns utilising an integrated, multi-channel approach to promote, drive and increase visitor volume and magazine revenues as well as to enhance brand value and engagement.
· Provide marketing commercial support and advice as required by the commercial team.
· To execute promotional marketing campaigns for the Transport portfolio to drive, registrations, subscriptions, delegates, visitors, table sales and award entrants.
· Product promotional management – from targeted audience planning, to execution and analysis – recording and testing data and segments.
· Support in campaign creative and design. Copy writing for web, print media, social media and email marketing.
· Brief in-house and external suppliers and negotiate rates. Organise quotes for printing and mailing. Liaise with chosen suppliers to organise design, print and mailing/shipping.
· Monitor usage levels, website traffic, mailing list numbers and open rates – make recommendations for improvement based on the data.
· Work with the Marketing Manager and operations team to coordinate the design and production of all exhibitor visitor material, including design of badges and any sponsored lanyards or bags.
· Make sure that brand values are adhered to and that brand messages are consistent across the target audiences.
· Provide the commercial team with marketing collateral including; digital and print copy, design, updates and media packs plus data provision, metric analysis etc.
· Work with Marketing Manager and commercial teams to manage and monitor the external events calendar to ensure all commercial and audience engagement opportunities are effective.
Delegate & reader acquisition
· Monitor results and provide monthly reports back to marketing team/sector team.
· Work with Marketing Manager to ensure that each product reaches/surpasses set targets.
Data and database systems
· Utilise the email system (Adestra) to identify new techniques or tools which will allow the enhancement of email campaigns.
· To work with Marketing Manager on the web content management system (CMS) to ensure that online content for products are always up to date and relevant.
· Provide understanding of data requirements and, where necessary, preparation of databases for direct mailing, email marketing and telesales.
· Determine and suggest improvements to current databases, systems and processes.
· Social media: plan, review and update social media activity.
· Suggest new ways of utilising social media to greater effect for registration, delegate and reader generation.
· Adapt and experiment with digital marketing channels, specifically search engine marketing, social media platforms and email marketing for campaign effectiveness.
· Create and organise HTML copy and databases to ensure email marketing schedules are completed successfully and on time.
Educated to degree level and will have excellent people skills, they will be self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously. They will be a creative thinker and will have worked in a proactive media/event-marketing environment. They will have the following attributes:
· Creative thinker and problem solver
· Work as part of a focused marketing team but able to work on own initiative
· Energy and confidence to deal with and influence a variety of stakeholders
· Efficient time management skills, able to multitask effectively
· Calmness under pressure
· Strong planner and organiser
· Target driven and able to seek out new opportunities
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Strong copywriting skills for print & web
· Previous marketing experience within a media organisation, ideally working across magazine, exhibition, awards, digital, conference and publishing products with a track record of achievement.
· Minimum of one to two years’ experience of marketing B2B products to a national and international audience.
· Previous experience of email communication systems such as Adestra, Mail Chimp preferable.
· Sound knowledge of digital marketing techniques SEO/PPC and social media
· Must have a “can-do” attitude.
· Energetic, enthusiastic, action-orientated, positive.
· Ability to work across multiple business sectors in a cross-promotional capacity.
· Must be proactive and demonstrate a willingness to actively drive efficiencies and improvements.
Salary range £23,000 — 25,000
Dependent upon experience