Membership Sales Executive
Plexal, the innovation centre and co-working space for startups, scaleups and larger enterprises, is looking for a membership sales executive to help find the brightest entrepreneurs to join us.
Plexal is the 68,000-square foot innovation destination for startups, scaleups and enterprises to join forces, swap ideas and create products that improve our lives.
Founded by Claire Cockerton, Plexal’s aim is to nurture an ecosystem that supports innovators in high-growth areas like AI, robotics, the Internet of Things, smart cities, data analytics, creative technology, cybersecurity, VR, AR and health technology. We believe that great things happen when people from all walks of life collide and collaborate.
As well as offering offices, desks and a choice of meeting rooms, we provide in-house professional services, intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship training and mentorship opportunities. We also have an events space for hosting either intimate meetups or larger conferences that comes with state-of-the-art AV equipment.
Housing up to 800 people and based at Here East within Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Plexal has been designed as a mini-city and comes complete with an interactive living wall, events stage, high street, indoor Plexal Park and Makers’ Yard (which is used for protoyping, innovation workshops and rehearsals).
Members enjoy 24-hour access to barista-style coffee machines, special deals with our partners and regular networking events like our beer and pizza Tuesdays and coffee mornings.
Since our doors were officially opened by Mayor of London Sadiq Khan in June 2017, a host of companies have moved in and become ‘Plexalites’; creating a vibrant community and building on the startup spirit of collaboration.
We’re lucky enough to call Loughborough University and creative arts space, Studio Wayne McGregor, our neighbours. We’ll soon be joined by University College London and Ford, which is basing its Smart Mobility Innovation office at Here East.
We’re looking for a talented membership sales executive to help us sell memberships, desk space and offices to entrepreneurs.
You may come from a property or tech background but above all, you’ll be a people person who knows how to sell the benefits of a fantastic space, identify new leads and convert leads into deals.
As well as giving tours and meeting prospects at Plexal, you’ll be out and about attending events, networking and being the face of Plexal.
with our marketing team on lead generation (in addition to marketing lead
with current Plexal members and attend events held at Plexal, Here East and
across the London tech and innovation industry
- Build strong relationships with Plexal’s partners like Loughborough University and Here East as well as other parts of the business to share leads and opportunities.
- Responsible for end-to-end sales from lead generation through to conversions and completing the contracts
- Updating CRM software with leads and deals in progress
- Meet revenue targets for the sale of offices, fixed desks and hot desks
- Market knowledge
- You’ll build a deep understanding of our target markets through desk-based research, networking and attending meetups/events and then communicate these insights to the rest of the team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Commercially astute and well-informed about tech trends and what’s happening in the industry
- A good understanding of sales methodology and marketing principles
- Strong negotiation skills
- Comfortable with networking, a good listener and able to get to the heart of what potential clients need
- Ability to work with targets and goals
- A positive, can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- A good team player to engage and collaborate with marketing, finance and the operations team
- Proven negotiation skills
- Tenacity and plenty of initiatives
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Be well informed of the market and our competitors
- Must be willing to get their hands dirty and can deliver from start to finish timeously and with a quality focus
If you share our vision of supporting London’s tech community and think you have what it takes, please get in touch.
To apply, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer.
More like this
- Head of Operations at Debate Mate
- Head of Growth, CMO at Twigd
- Multilingual Account Manager at Freelancer.com
- Graphic Designer at Tech Will Save Us
- Full Stack Developer (MEAN... ish) at Omnifi
- Senior Business Development Manager at Octopus Electric Vehicles
- Full Stack Develop/CTO at Twigd
- Growth Associate - Business Development at UpSlide
- Business Development Manager at RMP Enterprise Ltd