Midweight Front-end Angular Developer
Start date: March/April 2018
miPic is the print marketplace for everyone. We empower billions of people to bring their pictures to life and earn money from their camera roll selling unique art prints, fashion and lifestyle products.
THINK INSTAGRAM MEETS ETSY.
The company can name a few proud achievements since our launch in 2014;
- £1.3m Seed investment in March 2017
- Featured by – The Next Web, Daily Mirror, Ideal Home, WeTransfer, INC.com, Appear Here, Virgin, Android Pit, Bloguettes, Dice
- Completed a £175k Crowdfunding campaign in 2015 and soft launched v1.0 in 2016
- Winner of Virgin’s Voom ‘Pitch to Rich’ pitching to Sir Richard Branson, Nick Jenkins (Moonpig) Holly Tucker MBE (NotOnTheHighStreet) and Jack Wills.
Are you skilled and passionate about building beautiful web applications with AngularJS that will be used by people worldwide?
We are looking for a mid-weight Front-End Developer responsible for the client side of our service. You will be working alongside our Senior Angular Developer on the continued building and refinement of the miPic user interface for our mobile, iOS and desktop web app, with a focus on performance and a pixel-perfect representation of design. A solid grasp of design aesthetics to ensure the final product is a seamless cross over from the initial design. You will be working with the wider team too including the CEO, Senior back-end and iOS developers to communicate with the API using standard methods. A strong understanding of our platform components and infrastructure is required.
YOU MUST BE
Smart, driven, excellent communication skills, at least three years industry experience working in corporate, agency side or in startups with proven execution.
- Strong Experience and knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Delivering a complete Front End application, ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Cooperating with a RESTful API and comms with external web services
- Working with SKETCH UI to export for Front End
- Experience working in a startup environment, a product company or an e-commerce platform
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system
- Ability to provide SEO solutions for single page apps
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS
- Experience with all levels of operation available to the front-end, such as from creating XHRs in vanilla JS to using a custom wrapper around resource
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks
The ‘lets nail it’ attitude, the humorous hell-raising moments of Pied Piper, with the professionalism of an agency! This opportunity provides a talented developer the opportunity to grow with an ambitious and award winning London startup, contributing to an exciting time in our development. We are looking for someone to join us this month, offering a competitive salary plus share options to become an integral member of the team.
Please apply with your CV, link to your personal website, previous projects and Github/Bitbucket or some code examples you’re happy to share in order to arrange an interview!
The miPic Team
The miPic app and website enables artists, designers and photographers to turn their images into beautiful custom made framed prints, cushions, phone cases, t-shirts or even peel and stick wallpaper. Users can sell their art & photography earning them money for free via our iPhone app or Desktop / Mobile website. We have teamed up with the best print manufacturers in the UK to create custom on demand products using any art or photo, providing sellers up to 20% of public sales which can be withdrawn to Paypal.
miPic was founded by architect Carl Thomas, aiming to create the ‘go to’ platform that brings affordable yet luxury custom print products to the masses, allowing everyone to earn a passive income from their hobby and flip traditional retail on its head.
October 2017 saw the launch of the new miPic website and socially driven iPhone App, The launch campaign began with a miPic Pop-Up Store in Spitalfields with an exclusive press and influencer event before opening to the public.
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
Employment Share Scheme
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Front-end developer at Browser London
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Full Stack Developer at Gener8 Ads
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Junior Web Developer at Lattimore and Friends
- Product Designer at Founders Factory
- IT Sales / Sales Executive - ERP/CRM at Silverow Ltd