Bugsnag helps teams focus on building better software by providing automated crash monitoring for web, mobile, desktop, and server apps. Currently, half of a typical developer’s time is spent finding and fixing bugs; we aim to bring that number as close to zero as possible by automating the entire monitoring process and allowing developers to focus their time on feature development. To do this, we give our users instant visibility into where their code is not executing as expected, we then measure these errors, collect all related data, and give our users the information they need to understand which software issues really matter and need fixing.
Launched in February 2013, Bugsnag processes hundreds of millions of crashes per day for thousands of developers at companies like Airbnb, Lyft, Square, and Shopify. Headquartered in San Francisco, California we have a small team of 28 employees and growing!
We are looking for a software engineer to help deliver an amazing experience to our customers while contributing back to the open-source community. Our open source libraries support detecting crashes and capturing diagnostic data in several programming languages and frameworks. This position involves working with mobile development environments to build new features, help customers troubleshoot problems, review contributions to our open source libraries, and generally make developers’ lives easier.
- You will help maintain the Bugsnag libraries for Apple platforms, Android, and React native as a part of the Bugsnag open source mobile team
- You will test and update libraries to work with the evolving software ecosystem, such as the reactive frameworks, analytics SDKs, and other libraries customers may be using at the same time as a Bugsnag integration
- You will develop and document new features in our open source libraries to expand the development platforms supported by Bugsnag
- You will troubleshoot issues reported by customers via GitHub issues, improving documentation based on common patterns
- You will go to software development conferences to keep up with best practices and new technologies, answer customer questions, and receive feedback on using the product and libraries
- You love working in multiple technologies and programming languages
- You have experience in developing for Apple platforms or on Android apps
- You have a personable, empathetic and professional manner when dealing with customers
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Swift and/or React Native is a plus
- We value ownership, learning and personal development
- We have a strong culture of transparency and honesty
- We have a safe and inclusive work environment
- Pick your own hardware (Thunderbolt display, top-end MacBook Pro, whatever you need)
- Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter stipend, conference attendance)
- Lunch on us every day
Salary range £35,000 — 50,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Product Marketing Manager at Token, Inc.
- Senior Systems Administrator at Framestore
- Marketing paid internship (London FinTech) at Expend
- Sales paid internship (London FinTech) at Expend
- Sales Manager (FinTech with Stock Options) at Expend
- Marketing Manager (FinTech with Stock Options) at Expend
- Product Manager at ChatChef
- iOS Developer (FinTech with Stock Options) at Expend
- Account Manager (Software) at RMP Enterprise Ltd
- Tech Support Software Engineer at Nursery Books Ltd