SAM Labs is on a mission to bring coding and creating to classrooms worldwide in the most fun and engaging way. Our EdTech products combine hardware, software and lesson plans empowering teachers and students to bring any school subject to life.
This is an opportunity to work at an EdTech company combining hardware and software where you get to own the backend code with plenty of opportunities for creativity and initiative: choose your own stack, own our backend and work together with the rest of the product team to build and improve our web app and API endpoints.
- Design, architect and get hands on with backend code and infrastructure to support the fun and emerging technologies and experiences that SAM Labs are pioneering
- Work with the Product team, including Hardware Engineers, Unity Developers, UX/Designers and Education Consultants, to design and develop creative educational content and innovative app experiences
- Provide thought leadership on Web related aspects of the Product
- Plan and strategise around the future of the backend infrastructure of SAM Labs
- Learn and skill up on new technologies as the need arises
- Create scripts and tools to help in automation and the build pipeline
- Strong NodeJS experience (4+ years)
- Experience using Azure is beneficial
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB)
- Are self-motivated, can work with autonomy
- Thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Can handle several projects at once
- Strong team player
- Have excellent communication skills, and are able to communicate technical issues to non technical people in clear language
We’re a passionate team, and you’ll likely be working with closely with everyone from Giulio in Design, Michael in Software, and David in Sales. At the same time, Liz will make sure you have a go at board games and Morten will give you plenty of new music to listen to.
Being an integral part of a young company, you’ll form bonds with other employees (who come from completely different disciplines), take initiative to pursue your instincts and ideas, and truly feel the impact of driving the company forward. We value optimism, collaboration, sense of ownership, the ability to embrace ambiguity, talk-less- do-more attitude, learning from failure, and making the team successful. If you identify with our values and want to contribute to SAM Labs, we’d love to have you.
Salary range £60,000 — 70,000
More like this
- Senior Engineer at Comic Relief
- Front-end Designer at Helical Levity
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Junior Data Engineer at Rotageek
- CTO / Lead Software Engineer at HyBird
- iOS Developer at unrd
- Senior PHP Software Engineer at Paddle
- Engineering Lead at AtomInvest
- Software Engineers for The Bakery Start Programme at The Bakery
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites