We Make Websites are the go-to agency for Shopify Plus. We design, develop and optimise e-commerce websites for some of the fastest growing brands on the planet. Brands we work with include: Ford, Pepsi Co, Finisterre, Skinnydip, Cluse, Bulletproof Coffee, Penguin Books, Beavertown Brewery, Emma Bridgewater, Harper Collins, National Portrait Gallery, Nicce, Press and The Economist.
We’re a team of 40+ designers, developers, solutions architects, e-comm consultants and marketers - spread across our London and New York offices. We’ve doubled in size over the last year and are looking for more bright, ambitious and enthusiastic people to join our team.
But enough about us - we want to know more about you.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an energetic and motivated Office Manager to join our team in London. We need someone who can take responsibility for the overall office management that thrives in a challenging and dynamic environment. A people person who thrives in a challenging environment who loves to exceed expectations, this skilled communicator will join our fast-growing company and manage its home in whatever shape and size it comes.
About the role:
The Office Manager at We Make Websites will help keep an exciting, fast-growing company on track through their work across a number of areas like administration, finance, HR, and IT. This will be a fun, challenging job whether you’re answering the phone for our next big client, booking grocery deliveries for a party you’re planning, or onboarding a new developer. With great power comes great responsibility, and this role will feature lots of both with no two days ever being the same.
- You will need a passion for the tech and e-commerce space. E-commerce is one of the fastest growing sectors and we want somebody who gets what it means to be an agency at the forefront of direct to consumer e-commerce design and development.
- You will have a passion for the verticals we want to attract - fashion, lifestyle, beauty, food, and innovative FMCG.
- You will be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem solver.
- You will have unparalleled levels of attention to detail, bordering on fastidious.
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast paced environment.
- You will have exceptional communication skills and be totally comfortable pitchingspeaking to C-suite clients.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own niche.
- You will be an intelligent, ambitious, articulate, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can do’ attitude!
- Office management skills
- Proficiency with basic office software
- Good communication skills
- Time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritise
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under own initiative
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide full administrative support to the agency, including answering the phone, mail distribution, maintaining office supplies and equipment
- Event planning by scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings, logistics and catering
- Consistent availability and ability to serve as a central contact to people inside and outside the company: employees, customers, visitors and building management
- Manage special projects like travel abroad for groups or events for 100+ attendees
- Receptionist duties such as greeting visitors, booking meeting rooms, making teas/coffees, managing food orders
Bonus points if you have:
- 3+ years in an Office Manager role, particularly at a creative agency
- Managed big projects (ie, an office move, travel for large groups of people)
- Experience with event management, procurement, HR, finance, or IT
- £20-25k depending on experience
- 20 days + 8 bank holidays + your birthday off.
- Accrue 1.5 holiday days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Discounted gym memberships, food, entertainment and travel.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections and a secure, onsite, bike shed.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event.
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our NYC office.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks.
- Monday morning team breakfast and Friday team lunches.
Salary range £20,000 — 25,000
More like this
- Experienced Software Developer at Dexda
- Web Developer at Flash Pack
- Operations Associate at Lyvly
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Community Manager at Trussle
- Back End Developer at TVF Media
- Film - Systems Software Developer at Framestore
- Test Engineer at QuantSpark Ltd